11612FRIDAY POST: 11th July [1 Attachment]

    Jul 11 10:44 AM

      From: lccbc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:lccbc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of 'Amy Summers' amy@... [lccbc]
      Sent: 11 July 2014 15:59
      To: Adrian Lauchlan; alex.ingram@...; alisondines@...; angela.hobsbaum@...; dr.adshah@...; austen.croydoncyclists@...; barkinganddagenham; barnet; Barnet Campaigns; bexley; stardustandrainbows@...; Board members; brent; brianjkemsleysmith@...; bromley; camden; charlie@...; Chris Mountain; City; Claire Wren; clare neely; Clive Gomes CO; coordinator@...; croydon; me@...; dvlaeva@...; ealing; enfield; Eve Evans; f.renton@...; greenwich; hackney; hammersmithandfulham; haringey; harrow; havering; hillingdon; hounslow; Hugh Morgan >; islington; Jeremy Parker; John Ackers; johnhackers@...; jon.irwin@...; Jordan Walker ; kate.charteris@...; Keith MacFarlane; kensingtonandchelsea; Kerena Fussell; kingston; kristian.gregory@...; lambeth; Lambeth Cyclists; lcc-issues@yahoogroups.com; lccbc@yahoogroups.com; lcc-cams@yahoogroups.com; lewisham; louisekoldfield@...; Melanie Grech; merton; michaelcstock@...; newham; Nick Fletcher CO; Nick Manthorpe; Office Team; Paola Di Giancroce ; paopag11@...; Redbridge; Richard Walter; richmond; Richmond Group; Robert Heywood; Roger Kingsnorth CO Enfield; sem@...; southwark; Stephen Craven; Steve Ayres; Steven Edwards; sutton; terence.hughes@...; Toby Jacobs; Tom Major; towerhamlets; trisha@...; Volunteers; walthamforest; wandsworth; westminster
      Subject: [lccbc] FRIDAY POST: 11th July [1 Attachment]

      [Attachment(s) from Amy Summers included below]

      Hi everyone,

      I hope you have had a good few weeks and enjoyed the good weather that’s apparently been here, I’ve just seen a lot of cloud and rain since I’ve been home!

      I’m looking forward to seeing some of you next Tuesday 15th at the local groups forum meeting – 6.30pm at the Leather Exchange, SE1 3HN. Please do try to send at least one person from your group along. We’ll be discussing your thoughts and feedback on Space for Cycling and working out what comes next in terms of group activity and pushing forward the ward asks with councillors. For those who can’t attend, I will obviously share the notes following the meeting and you can feed in any comments. If you’d like to send over any thoughts / musings / criticism / feedback from the campaign and from your groups perspective, please do drop me an email before Tuesday 15t so I can include it in the discussions. Also, please do fill in the groups survey if you haven’t already, we have a few boroughs who’ve not fed back yet. Thank you: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCCgroups

      Please note the latest Ride London information below, we’re still in need of some volunteers if you know anyone who can help. Registration for the led rides is also now open.

      There’s also some info below on S4C and the number of actions take in each ward, as well as a information about an email to councillors going out from Ashok today.

      Best wishes,

      Amy and the London Cycling Campaign Team

      PS. Check out the updated map site now with elected councillors listed: http://action.space4cycling.org/

      REMINDER LOCAL GROUPS FORUM MEETING – NEXT TUESDAY

      This will be on Tuesday 15th July at 6.30pm at the Leather Exchange, 15 Leathermarket Street, London, SE1 3HN http://leatherexchange.co.uk/

      We’ll have a room upstairs. Hoping to finish around 8.30pm. This is a short walk from the office. Please do try to attend as we’ll be going through the Space for Cycling campaign to gather your thoughts on what went well, what didn’t, what we’ve learnt for next time etc. As well as ‘what next’, in terms of working with councillors to see the wards asks turn into reality. As we have more space than the office, if groups want to send a couple of people, that’s fine. But please let me know if others will be coming.

      RIDE LONDON – Saturday 9th / Sunday 10th August - Volunteers Needed!

      LCC need volunteers for other activities across the Ride London weekend. As a volunteer you’ll to be a part of this important event and raise money for LCC. More info http://lcc.org.uk/articles/prudential-ridelondon-2014-get-involved

      Ride 100 - Hampton Court Feeding Station – Sunday 10 August

      We need 40 volunteers to help give out food and water to the riders at the London Cycling Campaign stop on the Ride London 100. It is an early Sunday morning shift as it is the first pit stop on the 100 route but it is a great event to be part of. If you can spare 6 hours to help with the event then contact us at ridelondon@....

      London Cycling Campaign Stand – Green Park – Saturday & Sunday 9th / 10th August

      Volunteers needed to represent LCC and run cycling games on Saturday and Sunday. 4 hours shifts available. If interested, contact us at ridelondon@....

      All volunteers will receive a Ride London volunteer pack and LCC pin badge.

      LED RIDE REGISTRATION

      Registration for the led rides is now open  - you can sign-up as part of the Freecycle registration

      https://regonline.activeeurope.com/ridelondonfreecycle

      Please forward the link to your mailing lists, local schools, community groups etc and share on your social media channels. There are rides form all boroughs except City and K&C

      ACTIONS BY WARD

      I’ve included a spreadsheet which identifies roughly how many actions were taken in each ward during the S4C campaign. It’s not the exact number (it’s a fiddly process to work out), but the numbers should give you an indication of where you strong and weak areas are in terms of members / supporters in your borough.

      EMAILING COUNCILLORS

      Today, we’ll be emailing all newly elected councillors (from Ashok), welcoming them to the role. We have different text for those councillors who were supportive and those who weren’t, thanking  those who did support, and telling them we’re looking forward to progress / updates, and urging those who didn’t support , to do so, amongst other things. We’re also emailing those candidates who supported S4C, but weren’t elected. We’ll feed back any responses from councillors to the relevant groups and discuss what next at the forum meeting on Tuesday.

      KEY DATES

      ·         16th July – LCC Awards

      ·         9th / 10th August – Ride London

      space for cycling

      Did you know that thanks to our supporters 43% of borough councillors
      support local measures to create Space for Cycling on their patch?
      And that Space for Cycling has majority support in over half of London's
      boroughs? Check whether your councillor is on board at
      http://action.space4cycling.org/