Zine-on-an-Email December 2000

  • andrew savage
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000

      Zine-on-an-Email
      December 2000
      Edited by Andy Savage

      Poem of the Month

      I Love Lucy

      From the first time I saw you on the TV screen

      I was enchanted by your smile;

      They say the eyes are windows of the soul

      And yours did mine beguile.

      Now I'd love to take you by the hand

      And hold you in my arms,

      Willingly I'd fall more enraptured

      By all of your charms,

      But I am only a dreamer,

      I live in a fantasy

      And I wonder if you could ever

      Want to know a man like me.

      I read in an interview somewhere

      You'd duet with Jonathan Hill.

      If you'd sing with me 'I Got You,Babe,'

      It would be the ultimate thrill.

      It could become a massive hit again,

      We could be Sonny and Cher Mark II,

      It's a song that's dear to both our hearts'

      It's a song to say I love you.

      I'll use the title of an old television series

      For this verse of romantic rhyme.

      Spelling out my message for the world to read

      And for you at Valentine time.

      Steve Andrews

      Reviews

      The Day Before the Meteor Came, by Paul Reece
      This is a 32 page booklet of poetry. Mostly these are short, pleasant, lyrical musings about romance, many of them incorporating the night sky, as in Lunar Moths - 'Walked you home in a meteor shower/Thought it was forever/It was less than half an hour/Hand-in-hand in love's camouflage/When the lunar moths loomed large.'
      Price £3.75 {£5 ex-UK or 12 IRCs} from: New Hope International, 20 Werneth Avenue, Gee Cross, Hyde, SK14 5NL, UK.
      All cheques payable to G.England.

      Global Tapestry Journal #23, edited by Dave Cunliffe
      The second issue of GTJ this year, after several years absence!
      In amongst the Ginsberg influenced beat poetry this time are interviews with Quentin Crisp and William Burroughs.
      Price £2.40 from: DA & R Cunliffe, Spring Bank, Longsight Rd, Copster Green, Blackburn, Lancs, BB1 9EU, UK.

      The Land that Bicycles Forgot, by The Warden Hills Walkers
      An MP3.Com produced CD featuring 9 pieces of highly individual instrumental music with bizarre titles such as 'Dr Who, Star Trek and Sexy Dinosaurs' and 'Scully Finds Picard Imprisoned by Snails.'

      If you want to send anything to me for review then just email me for details:

      Click Here to lo-fi stream my mp3 'Someone Like You all the Time'

      Watch out for our Xmas Special later this month, but in the meantime Lovely Ivor's Xmas Grotto is now open!

      That's all for now then,