Fw: Three Days Left: Put Your Voice to Work for Wolves

  • Annelisa Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Defenders of WildlifeFrom: Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund [For
      Americans]

      Sign on now as a Citizen Co-sponsor of federal legislation to end brutal and
      unnecessary aerial gunning of wolves and help us reach our goal of 50,000
      signatures before Labor Day!

      Congress returns to Washington next week, and we need to make sure our
      Representatives get the message: It's time to end the brutal and unnecessary
      aerial gunning of our wolves.

      So far, more than 38,000 wildlife supporters from all 50 states have signed
      our citizen petition in support of federal legislation to end aerial gunning
      of wolves in Alaska and prevent this brutal practice from spreading to other
      states.

      Have you joined the fight? If not, please take just 30 seconds right now and
      add your name to the growing number of people urging Congress to take a
      stand to save our wolves.

      http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=mhJNMlxKODidI07iEf-q6w..

      Nearly 700 wolves have been killed by aerial gunning teams in Alaska since
      state officials resumed the aerial gunning program -- shot from above or
      chased to exhaustion and killed at point-blank range. Now the killing
      threatens to spread to the Lower 48, as anti-wolf legislators push for
      aerial gunning to help kill hundreds of wolves in Idaho and Wyoming.

      Help stop the killing and save wolves. Take action online now -- Sign our
      petition and urge your Representative to support legislation to end aerial
      gunning.

      Alaskans have twice approved ballot measures to limit aerial gunning, but
      that hasn't stopped the state's Board of Game, anti-wolf legislators and
      Governor Sarah Palin from disregarding the will of the people and pushing
      for more killing.

      But if Alaska officials won't listen to the people, maybe they'll listen to
      Congress.

      In the weeks ahead, Congressman George Miller (D-CA) is expected to
      introduce legislation to put an end to this brutal practice in Alaska and
      prevent de facto sport hunters in planes from targeting still-recovering
      wolves in Idaho, Wyoming or anywhere else in America.

      Please stand with Congressman Miller and Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund
      as we fight to stop senseless aerial gunning in Alaska and prevent its
      spread to the Lower 48 states -- sign our petition now.

      Congress returns next week, and we need to send our lawmakers a loud, clear
      message in opposition to aerial gunning. Sign the petition now, and help us
      reach 50,000 signatures by Labor Day!

      Alaskans and wildlife supporters across the country know that it's time to
      end brutal and unnecessary aerial gunning of wolves. With your help, we can
      make sure Congress does, too.

      Sincerely,

      Rodger Schlickeisen
      President
      Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund

      P.S. To make sure that your Representative knows that -- whether you're from
      Anchorage, Altoona, Austin or Aberdeen -- Americans want an end to aerial
      gunning, we plan to hand-deliver your signatures to Congress. Please take
      action now.

      http://action.defenders.org/site/R?i=mhJNMlxKODidI07iEf-q6w..