Another scientist warns the public

  • committedpurpose
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2007
      "Global warming is already starting, and there's going to be more of
      it," NASA scientist James Hansen said Jan. 9, 2007, at an annual
      gathering of meteorologists in Mammoth Lakes, Calif. "I think there
      is still time to deal with global warming, but we need to act soon.
      Humans now control global climate, for better or worse."

      Hansen said the effects of global warming are being felt around the
      world and unless international efforts are launched within the next
      10 years, species will disappear and the Earth will be a vastly less
      habitable planet by the end of the century.

      The NASA scientist added that after the warming of the past three
      decades, the world is within 1 degree Celsius of its warmest period
      in the past 400,000 years. He predicted that if greenhouse gas
      emissions continue at the same rate, the warming this century will
      approach 3 degrees Celsius, or about 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Hansen
      forecast that such a change would eliminate up to half the species
      on Earth and would melt polar ice caps. Subsequently rising ocean
      levels would inundate Florida, most of Louisiana and much of the
      East Coast, according to the scientist.

      How many scientists have to say this before people see that we're
      not just crying wolf, that a climate change crisis is indeed taking
      place. Yes, we need to sound the alarms and start taking action.
      Begin by adding PURPOSE to your life… PURPOSE - People United
      Rightly Protecting Our Sacred Earth… Start taking action now by
      signing our petition to Congress making "Climate Change, Global
      Warming and Saving the Planet" this country's top priority:

      Global Warming Petition
      (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/890510358)

      To find out more about PURPOSE and to learn how you can help save
      the planet, visit any or all of these websites:

      PURPOSE Website
      (http://FreedomExpress.net/PURPOSE)

      PURPOSE Discussion Group
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CommittedPURPOSE/)