Urgent - Energy Bill vote tomorrow!

  • [InfoNature.Org] - Email News
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      Urgent - Energy Bill vote tomorrow!

      Action Alert

      Dear Beatriz,

      Congress has finally finished its work on the Energy Bill, and they're expected to vote on it as early as tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday.

      We need your help to stop this dirty, short-sighted bill!  Click here now to send a message to your members of Congress asking them to vote NO on the Energy Bill before it's too late.

      This bill would do nothing to lower gas prices or to decrease our dependence on foreign oil.  Instead of putting proven clean energy solutions to work, big oil and gas companies like ExxonMobil pressured Congressional leaders to include dangerous loopholes that threaten our waters and lands with irresponsible energy production.

      Among other things, the bill could speed oil drilling off of the California, Florida, North Carolina, and other coasts.  It would also allow oil companies to pollute rivers and drinking water with toxic wastes.

      At the same time, the Energy Bill ignores high gas prices, dependence on foreign oil, renewable energy, and global warming.  In fact, it would actually weaken existing fuel economy standards!

      We must stop this Energy Bill from becoming law.  Please join us in contacting your members of Congress right now to urge them to vote against this bill.
      Click here now to send your free message.

      In addition, the Energy Bill would give billions of dollars in subsidies and tax credits to big oil, nuclear and other energy companies for their pet projects while providing relatively little to energy efficiency and renewable energy.

      In short, this bill is a disaster that will make our nation dirtier while ignoring practical solutions to looming energy crises.

      That's why it's so important that your Senators and Representative hear from you today!  Please take a minute to urge that they oppose the Energy Bill.

      Click here to send a free message to your Senators and your Representative now.

      Once you've taken action, please forward this email to your friends, family and coworkers to urge that they join in the effort to stop this anti-environmental Energy Bill.

      Thank you so much for your help!

      Katelyn Sabochik
      Online Campaign Manager
      info@...