wildlife in Danger in Punjab India

  • jayasimha N.G
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- Sandeep kumar jain <jeevdaya@...>
      wrote:
      > Date: 1 Apr 2005 12:22:29 -0000
      > From: "Sandeep kumar jain" <jeevdaya@...>
      > To: AnimalDefenders@...,
      > ashok@...,
      > blue.wpsi@..., gspca@...
      > CC: animalloverindia@...,
      > bnhs@...
      > Subject: wildlife in Danger in Punjab
      >

      > As per wildlife protection Act of India the Chief
      > wildlife Wardens of State has been empowered only to
      > issue ownership Certificates in case of Animals and
      > articles falling in Schedule I and II.This deadline
      > has already ended. Means no ownership certificate to
      > fresh applicants.
      >
      > There is move of Punjab Govt., to grant Ownership
      > Certificates to applicants for
      > Wildlife/Articles/trophies falling under Sch.III and
      > IV of Wildlife Protection Act. It has issued a
      > notification and is going to issue a Public notice
      > in this context so that the Public in possession of
      > these animals or articles, may get ownership
      > certificate within a specified period (180 days).
      > With this move the people will start
      > hunting/trapping these animals (Antelopes, Deer,
      > Partridges, Parakeets and most of the Birds) for
      > captivity and consumption as it is being legalized.
      > The state will enforce its own rules to give it
      > legal sanctity. There are Chances that Landlords may
      > set up wildlife farms for canned Hunting as it is
      > done in south Africa.It is worth mentioning that
      > State Wildlife Advisory Board Members were sent to
      > South Africa. This is being opposed all over World.
      >
      > This is not a hidden fact that One of the State
      > advisory Member Father Mark of Amritsar was known
      > Hunter of Country and had an easy Access to State
      > Bureaucracy and Political Bosses .The recently
      > formed State Wildlife Advisory Board by Punjab
      > Govt. includes all his Friends .The NGOs taken in
      > Board has No track record in protection and
      > prevention of Wildlife offences.The persons active
      > in this field are victimised.The Officials holding
      > charge of Saving Wildlife are protecting High and
      > influential persons involved in Crime against
      > Wildlife. The recent example is Killing of a Leopard
      > at Phillaur in Punjab, where a leopard which has
      > strayed into a room of school at night. Instead of
      > using measures of capturing with nets or
      > Tranquilizing Guns, it was murdered by the Bullets
      > of Police. Similarly, the Challan has not been
      > Presented in Court against a Sub Divisional
      > Magistrate (in Hoshiarpur), who was Caught Red
      > Handed while Poaching Peacocks (National Bird). A
      > case against a famous Magician for keeping python
      > was not put-up properly.
      >

      > The deeds of State Wildlife Department will wipe out
      > all the wildlife, which is already facing
      > extinction. The state Govt. is also thinking of
      > issuing permission to hunt the Blue Bull (Neel Gai)
      > and wild Boar in the name of saving crops.
      > You are requested to take-up the matter with Central
      > Govt. to put a stop upon this move.
      > Regards,
      >
      > Dr.Sandeep K.Jain
> [...]

      GREATNESS OF NATION AND ITS MORAL PROGRESS
      CAN BE JUDGED BY THE WAY ITS ANIMALS ARE TREATED- M.K GANDHI.
      STOP HUMAN AND ANIMAL SUFFERING - GO VEGAN
      I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
      Helen Keller 1880 - 1968