FW: Force Change Now.

  • Jill Vickerman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Force Change Now.

      From: ForceChange [mailto:TakeAction=ForceChange.com@...] On Behalf Of ForceChange
      Sent: 30 May 2012 10:00 PM
      To: Jill Vickerman
      Subject: Force Change Now.

      Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

      FORCE CHANGE

      Please help us force change for these important causes:

      Save the Asian Unicorn from Extinction. The rare and recently discovered Asian unicorn is facing extinction. Illegal poaching in Vietnamese forests is putting the species at grave risk. Tell the Vietnamese government to crack down on illegal poaching and protect this rare and beautiful species.

      Keep Agent Orange Out of Our Food Supply. In efforts to fight herbicide tolerant weeds from destroying various food crops, biotech companies and Big Agriculture are advocating the deregulation of dangerous Agent Orange chemicals. However, the use of such toxic compounds is extremely dangerous to all that are exposed to the poison, including food consumers. Agent Orange must not be allowed to enter our domestic food supply.

      Protest the Jailing of Texas Honors Student Too Exhausted to Attend Class. Diane Tran, a 17-year-old who excels in her honors classes, stepped up to take care of her two siblings by working two jobs after her parents skipped town. Nevertheless, a Texas judge punished Tran for truancy by sending her to jail for 24 hours, a sentence that will serve as a black mark on her otherwise clean record. Tell this judge that Tran needs understanding and help, not a blemish on her record.

      Improve Support Programs for Troops When They End Their Service. Veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are currently suffering from numerous problems, stemming from their service to our country. Congress must begin an overhaul of the current support system, improving its ability to assist our veterans.

      To support these important causes, please sign each petition, share your opinion by leaving a comment, and help us force change!