Fantastic News!

  • Green Drinks Malta
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2013

      Fantastic news for the bees as the EU decides
      to suspend three neonicotinoid pesticides!

      We are delighted to finally say 'Today is a great day for bees' as the EU decided this afternoon to suspend the use of three neonicotinoid pesticides. A huge thank you and well done to everyone who has been campaigning on this issue, it was great to see so many organisations and individuals coming together to demand action.

      "This is a victory not only for the bees and other pollinators, but for independent science against the political, pro-pesticide position adopted by UK Environment Secretary Owen Paterson and the pesticide industry. The European Commission and many European governments have reacted responsibly to the British and European scientific evidence showing clearly that a suspension is justified. Organic farming proves that systemic insecticides such as neonicotinoids are not needed to produce food."
      Emma Hockridge, Soil Association Head of Policy, farming and land use

      This is fantastic news and a great step forward but it won’t be the end of the fight to save the bees.  Keep reading our newsletters to stay up to date and to continue to support the campaign.