FInvitation - Attard Local Council & Flimkien ghal Ambjent Ahjar TREES Talk
- Attard Local Council together with Flimkien ghal Ambjent Ahjar invite you to a talk onThe benefits and uses of TREESOn 19th February 2013 at 6pm - Attard Primary SchoolJoin us at this seminar and find out howTREES CAN IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH, WEALTH AND HAPPINESS!A donation of €5 is requested.Participants are requested to be seated by 5.45pm
- Did you know that there are about 60 species of indigenous trees in the Maltese Islands which can be used in private gardens and urban landscaping?
- Did you know that trees reduce air and noise pollution, release oxygen and reduce the summer’s heat?
- Did you know that some Maltese trees are very rare and may be close to extinction?
All this and other information will be given during this seminar which will help the public, teachers, landscapers, nature lovers and local councils.Speakers:Alfred E. Baldacchino, DPA, Dip. Env. Sc., PG Dip. Env. Mangt, MSc Env Plan and Mangt.General Secretary of the MOS (now BirdLife) between 1974 and 1988 and editor of the popular magazine In-Natura from 1982 to 2003, Alfred Baldacchino coordinates educational TV and radio nature programmes. Has published a number of popular and scientific works on biodiversity and the need for its appreciation and conservation. Assistant Director responsible for the protection of biodiversity at the Environment Protection Directorate (within MEPA) from 2002 till he retired in 2007.Antoine Gatt BA(L'scape Arch), MA(L'scape Arch) Landscape Architect
- Did you now that indigenous trees can contribute to Malta’s economy and create green jobs?
A landscape architect with over 12 years of experience in urban and environmental design, Antoine Gatt runs AGL Design, which tackles landscaping projects from private gardens to the design of parks, and from urban regeneration to rural restoration, including EU projects related to agriculture and environment. Antoine Gatt is also a part-time lecturer at MCAST. He is an advocate of green roofs and sustainable urban design and has written various articles on local newspapers and magazines on the subject.Please do your bit to save trees in Malta, by signing the petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/stop-killing-trees-in-malta