Tonight BioArt, next week the Biology of Art and lot s of films in between — Science in the City continues

  • Natalie Debono
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2012
    Tonight as part of the Science in the
    City<http://www.scienceinthecity.org.mt>festival Ira Melkonyan
    (artist from the rubberbodies collective <http://www.rubber-bodies.com/>)
    will be talking about BioArt, or how to use biotechnology, living tissue or
    scientific equipment to make art @ 7.30pm, Music Room, St James Cavalier.
    We’re getting a great response to this discussion — it’s best to come
    around 10-15 min early. The event is free.

    Continuing our Science film festival we have repeats of Science of Sleep
    13th Oct 16:30 ; Twelve Monkeys 14th Oct 17:45. All will be held at Cinema
    Room, St James Cavalier against a fee of 5 EUR. For more info, check out:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/342875289138785/. Click To
    book<http://www.sjcav.org/page.asp?n=cinema>
    .
    Next Thursday, we have another Science in the City event organized by the
    Writers Club by Justin Fenech called The Biology of Art. Not to be confused
    with this evening's activity, Justin will talk about his personal view how
    art could have evolved by-product of sexual selection. Peacocks evolved
    beautiful plumage, while humans evolved beautiful artwork. Come along, at
    7.30pm 18th October, Music Room, St James Cavalier. For More info:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/459603950750245/ . This event isfree.