346Who Will Protect Malta’s Health and Green Heritage ? - Sign the Petition!

  • Green Drinks Malta
    Mar 6, 2013
      Flimkien ghal Ambjent Ahjar <contact@...>

           In Malta we are facing an almost daily destruction of the heritage of our towns, villages and countryside. Trees benefit our health, reducing rates of toxic emissions, dust and noise.  Malta has the highest rate of asthma in the EU, and Maltese residents are the most concerned about air pollution. Yet MEPA deprives residents of the benefits of trees when it allows destruction and damage to trees.  Over-development is rated as Malta’s greatest environmental problem, yet permits are being issued to build flats and destroy some of Malta’s finest old gardens, like the gardens of Villino Chappelle, Villa Mekrech and Villa Bonici. Will our politicians commit to protecting our health, economic prosperity and heritage?

      Please see the video and sign the petition at http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-killing-trees-in-malta and

      share it will ALL your contacts.