Global sustainable tourism news editors choice

  • Valere Tjolle
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 1, 2012
      These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
      comments are very welcome...

      THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

      Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
      meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

      Local and regional nothing could be more sustainable than a glorious day
      out: Summer Daycations: http://bit.ly/PqzNlo

      In the search for powerful marketing we turn to religion:
      Destinations get religious about marketing: http://bit.ly/MYF9Id

      Great iconic destinations foster iconic upmarket tourists:
      So cool its hot: http://bit.ly/Mb4Z7u

      Authenticity, environmental, job and training creating, fulfilling:
      Why is food so critically important to tourism?: http://bit.ly/R3s4uY

      A great sustainable planned party: A sustainable wedding?
      It¹s Slow and it¹s scrumptious: http://bit.ly/MYFc6S

      Network, learn, understand, practice:
      How to get more tourists: more money: more benefits: http://bit.ly/OqJ1mx

      Sometimes I feel that I¹m Pooh Bear in disguise:
      London honey at the Lancaster: show 2012: http://bit.ly/QnCFTZ

      Original tourists came always by water, the MASSIVE tourism resource
      Marine heritage conference announced: http://bit.ly/Na4NpP

      How far can this run? It¹s much cheaper than tram lines:
      Electric buses for big California test: http://bit.ly/R7lvff

      Hip, cool, alternative and very, very green:
      Brighton online green city guide unveiled: http://bit.ly/QuREyy

      Take your place on the Responsible Stage:
      TravelMole web awards announced: http://bit.ly/NIEaNU

      Is £4.2billion just the start of something VERY BIG?
      Massive train order for UK: http://bit.ly/Qdt4Qn

      Your chance to make your destination a fabulous tourism opportunity pilot
      project for everyone who lives in it: http://bit.ly/NazA8v

      It was the best of times, it will be the best of times: A new sensational
      pilot: http://www.bestofbath.biz

      Comments, by the way always very, very welcome indeed.

      Why not also search for 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism' group at Linkedin
      and join it? WE now have WELL OVER 1,600 professional members and a new
      sustainable tourism discussion every day.

      All the very best

      Valere
      Ps don't miss that 70% off offer at http://www.totemtourism.com

      Valere Tjolle ­ Principal
      TOTEMTOURISM: TOURISMVISION
      Publishers of the annual Sustainable Tourism Report Suite
      Eagle House: Batheaston: BA1 7EH: UK
      T: +44 1225 859766
      M: +44 7710 173005
      E: valere@...
      W: www.totemtourism.com
      totemtourism@...
      S: valeretjolle
    • Valere Tjolle
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 8, 2012
        These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
        comments are very welcome...

        THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

        Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
        meet = www.totemtourism.com

        IN AN IDEAL GREEN WORLD IT WILL BE LIKE THIS
        A great disruptive innovation for small independents
        Travel agents and tiny destinations marriage made in heaven:
        http://bit.ly/NAcq8n

        HOTELS CAN BE FULCRUMS FOR CHANGE
        Shows that green retrofitting works
        Lancaster London gets top green honours: http://bit.ly/S1i1au

        PUNCHING ABOVE ITS WEIGHT OR WHAT?
        Tiny island aims for the stars
        Why are half a million people searching for Sark every month?
        http://bit.ly/NbsZvs

        WHY NOT LET THE URBAN WORLD BE A GREEN GARDEN
        Guerrilla gardening tourism trump crowdsourcing food4all
        Incredibly edible Todmorden: http://bit.ly/MuD9Jw

        IT¹S HAPPENING IN YOUR BACK GARDEN
        How fresh and local can you get iconoclastic great grub
        World kitchen garden day celebrated in UK: http://bit.ly/OKijSk

        A TRULY FABULOUS OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN FROM GREATS
        Top foodies plus
        Masses of benefits for destinations: masterclass focuses on food, profits,
        sustainable marketing: http://bit.ly/Nx8ohc

        A SUBLIME TASTE OF THE FUTURE
        Grandparents go too
        Youngsters dine at world's best restaurant: http://bit.ly/O0PuFh

        FOOD IS SUPREMELY IMPORTANT
        First local harvest
        Tourists get a true taste of Turkey, and farmers a fairer living:
        http://bit.ly/NmrXcI

        WE SHOULD ALL BE SUN-WORSHIPPERS
        Alternative Kerala energy
        Sun powers South India tourism: http://bit.ly/PDOa5J

        GOOD WORK AND GOOD CAUSES
        $2.5m already donated
        Tourism Cares Going Global: http://bit.ly/MLLqnM

        I SEEM TO REMEMBER SOMETHING ABOUT STEWARDSHIP?
        And so it should!
        Vatican calls for sustainable tourism: http://bit.ly/QIdJK1

        HOW BIG WILL IT GET HOW FAR WILL IT GO?
        Six new faces for board
        New directors for GSTC: http://bit.ly/O3jnC1

        That's it for today

        Comments, by the way always very, very, very welcome indeed.

        Why not also search for 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism' group at Linkedin
        and join it? WE now have WELL OVER 1,700 professional members and a new

        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 21, 2012
          These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
          comments are very welcome...

          THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

          Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
          meet = www.totemtourism.com

          BIG OPPORTUNITIES BEING MISSED FOR LACK OF VISION
          Get more wealth, more jobs, more fun from tourism: http://bit.ly/PDkQQX

          HOLISTIC = AUTHENTIC
          Responsible Cape Town marketing challenges top global city brands:
          http://bit.ly/PDkUjs

          GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR RURAL TOURISM
          There is funding out there...says Hidden Britain: http://bit.ly/PbCysl

          FOOD, FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD:
          First Eurovision music now great food: http://bit.ly/O2W9h1

          IT'S SIMPLE MATHS FEWER MASS TOURISTS MORE REAL REVENUE
          Chinese tourists: when will we learn? http://bit.ly/O2Wccw

          ROMANCE PLUS WEALTH
          Travel agents and tiny destinations marriage made in heaven:
          http://bit.ly/NAcq8n

          WEALTH PLUS CONNECTIONS
          Sustainable tourism showcase open for business: http://bit.ly/QnxM9N

          EMISSION CURTAILING MEANS BIG PROFITS
          Virtual hotel opens doors to showcase sustainability: http://bit.ly/Nf9rIV

          SUSTAINABLE TOURISM BY NATURE
          Siberian Red Gate opens up: http://bit.ly/NFeDS0

          EVEN MORE SUSTAINABLE, DELICIOUS FOOD
          Lancaster Hotel Island Grill crowned sustainable champion:
          http://bit.ly/O1QW5n

          A REAL AWARD-WINNING ALPINE PEARL NECKLACE
          Focus on sustainable tourism certifying: http://bit.ly/O2WFLO

          CRASS OR WHAT? MOMENTS AFTER THE PRESIDENT IS DEPOSED
          Maldives reveals plans for floating golf course: http://bit.ly/NFg3f2

          HEARTWARMING TOURISM STORIES
          Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards 2012: http://bit.ly/OvkaM6

          AND NOW FOR SOMETHING REALLY DIFFERENT
          http://behalal.org/home/crescentrating-launches-worlds-first-air-travel-pray
          er-time-calculator/

          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 28, 2012
            These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
            comments are very welcome...

            THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

            Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
            meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

            FINALLY SUSTAINABILITY HAS ARRIVED AT THE TABLE OF THE RICH AND FAMOUS
            Upmarket travel goes sustainable http://bit.ly/PMr29X

            THE TOURISM OLYMPIC PEACE CAMPAIGN DOGGED TO THE LAST
            Tourism, Peace, Olympics: The Final Countdown http://bit.ly/RkpvUT

            HEARTWARMING TOURISM TALES
            Wild Asia call for inspiring stories http://bit.ly/NAV6k8

            TOURISM AND HUMAN RIGHTS
            Maasai pushed out of land for royalty to hunt big game http://bit.ly/OrmKkv

            IF YOU HAVEN¹T GOT THE POWER OR THE MONEY YOU NEED TO BE INVENTIVE
            Sustainable tourism marketing getting a lot for a little
            http://bit.ly/RqKzgB

            THIS SUSTAINABLE TOURISM MASTERCLASS IS MASSIVE
            Get more wealth, more jobs, more fun from tourism http://bit.ly/PDkQQX

            KING OF THE TOUR OPERATORS ROARS
            TUI promises fairer, greener holidays http://bit.ly/Ou6NNS

            ITS ACTUALLY ABOUT SUSTAINABLE VALUE NOT JUST CASH
            Virgin Trains offers to run UK West Coast 'for free': http://bit.ly/PZhBU4

            WILL MORE TOURISTS BE GOOD OR BAD?
            Machu Picchu: Peru unveils plans for new airport: http://bit.ly/PONP2p

            IT¹S NOT OFTEN A COMMUNITY ACTUALLY GAINS
            Vietnamese communities get more from tourism: http://bit.ly/NUFCNV

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 19, 2012
              These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
              comments are very welcome...

              THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

              Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
              meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

              BUT DO THEY REALLY NEED TOURISM? New destination may rival Dubai:
              http://bit.ly/VbZJqc

              DON¹T MISS ANY OPPORTUNITIES: Sustainable Tourism: why it is all about
              marketing http://bit.ly/NBRaod

              AUTHENTIC, NATURAL, DOC, HEALTHY, EXOTIC, HISTORIC: Food can power tourism
              growth along the Silk Road: http://bit.ly/PGHKV6

              ANOTHER BIG TIME PILGRIMAGE? Undead monk stimulates tourism economy in
              Siberia: http://bit.ly/T38w0D

              INSPIRATIONAL ENTREPRENEURS ABOUND: Responsible tourism gets key role at ITB
              Asia http://bit.ly/S5LmVT

              LEARN TO WRITE WITH IT: A to Z of Responsible Travel: http://bit.ly/SAJ5ga

              TOURISM ECONOMY MOVES EAST: Fast growing China tourism massive contributor
              to economy: http://bit.ly/S4yj18

              PROTECTING OUR HERITAGE: Ecotourism can finance national park conservation:
              http://bit.ly/QZrRMH

              ACCREDITING CERTIFIERS: Global Sustainable Tourism Council AGM for
              Washington DC: http://bit.ly/SAHxTC

              CERTIFYING VOLUNTEERS: Voluntourism international guidelines released:
              http://bit.ly/T39uK1

              TRAVELMOLE MARKETING GREEN OPPORTUNITY: Sustainable tourism showcase to
              focus on sustainable tourism trade offers: http://bit.ly/Oc9N3r

              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 3, 2012
                These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                comments are very welcome...

                THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

                Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
                meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

                LET GREEN TOURISM DRIVE US INTO A GREEN ECONOMY
                UNWTO: More green energy for tourism call http://bit.ly/Sw8V9p

                THERE WILL HAVE TO BE A GLOBAL DEAL BUT CAN ICAO or IATA DRIVE IT?
                US heats backs airlines avoiding current emissions control
                http://bit.ly/WdKFcp

                GREEN CITIES ­ GREAT PLACES TO LIVE AND VISIT
                European sustainable travel award opens http://bit.ly/PU1Yg7

                IT¹S MAXIMUM UTILISATION, LOW ENERGY, USER FRIENDLY, SOCIALLY AWARE
                Couchsurfing ­ the way forward for low cost sustainable tourism?
                http://bit.ly/RwB8vH

                ANOTHER GREAT GREEN PLACE TO VISIT
                Brighton green guide launched http://bit.ly/O2mSel

                WOW LOOKS LIKE TUI IS PRETTY COMMITTED TO GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY STANDARDS
                TUI gives green award to GSTC http://bit.ly/R9wxOb

                INDIA AND ENERGY REDUCTION ­ IT¹S INCREDIBLE!
                Big Indian hotel group gets bigger and greener http://bit.ly/UDez72

                WITH BOLLYWOOD¹S BIG B AMITABH BACHCHAN BEHIND IT HOW CAN IT FAIL?
                Gujarat commits to sustainable tourism development http://bit.ly/SkCBrK

                A MUST HAVE AT HALF PRICE PRE-PUBLICATION GET IT NOW
                Sustainable tourism marketing - The medium is the message
                http://bit.ly/R77uLu

                THIS MEDIUM IS ALSO VERY MUCH PART OF YOUR SUSTAINABLE TOURISM MESSAGE
                ST Showcase open for business http://bit.ly/OB0OZP

                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 10, 2012
                  These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                  comments are very welcome...

                  THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

                  Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
                  meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

                  IS THIS THE TOURISM OF THE FUTURE?
                  Cape town gets virtual tourist invasion http://bit.ly/OndySq

                  THIS IS THE TOURISM OF TODAY:
                  Amsterdam goes green with electric scooter taxis http://bit.ly/WPQtZK

                  FOOD, HOSPITALITY, NEW EXPERIENCES, OLD STORIES
                  The heart of the great Romagna tourism tradition http://bit.ly/OndKRG

                  RELIGION IS A BIG TOURISM DRAW Russia¹s wild east: vodka and old believers
                  http://bit.ly/OndMZV

                  LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR SPECIAL OFFER:
                  Sustainable tourism marketing - The medium is the message:
                  http://bit.ly/QQiWMx

                  BOLLYWOOD¹S BIG B PROMOTES TOURISM EXOTICALLY
                  Gujarat commits to sustainable tourism development http://bit.ly/QRV8JN

                  WILL AUSTRALIA COME TO ITS SENSES?
                  New direction for Aussie tourism http://bit.ly/PVVjj9

                  SO WHERE¹S THE MINUS?
                  Cruises bring big bucks to Caribbean study says http://bit.ly/ROFcrB

                  ZAP TAX-FREE FLYING!
                  Focus on sustainable tourism certifying http://bit.ly/WPR1ip

                  COMING OUT OF THE SHADOWS
                  Myanmar unveils tourism plans http://bit.ly/SQWFMm

                  STICK WITH THE WINNERS
                  Sustainable tourism showcase to focus on sustainable tourism trade offers
                  http://bit.ly/OSJhfR

                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 17, 2012
                    These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                    comments are very welcome...

                    THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

                    Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
                    meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

                    IF YOU DON¹T READ ANYTHING ELSE TODAY READ THIS!
                    Community destinations share success http://bit.ly/QTZi1y

                    STORIES ELEVATE, ENTRANCE, ENGAGE and ATTRACT ­ YOURS TOO
                    Get your story told http://bit.ly/RAcjgu

                    YOU CAN ALMOST SMELL THE DUSKY CANDLE-LIT EVENINGS
                    Green city romance in the heart of Gujarat http://bit.ly/QTYJok

                    IT WILL CERTAINLY BE INFORMATIVE, INNOVATIVE AND INSPIRATIONAL
                    50% off latest sustainable tourism report http://bit.ly/XmmetU

                    JUSTIN IS RIGHT ­ THE RICH AND POWERFUL CAN AFFORD PLENTY OF GREEN PAINT
                    Responsible travel boss hits out at rampant greenwashing
                    http://bit.ly/R3XYvi

                    TONY CHARTERS SAYS IT LIKE IT IS ­ WHAT¹S THE POINT IN COMMODITISED NUMBERS?
                    Australia 'can't compete' with Bali and Thailand http://bit.ly/R9clNd

                    UP IN THE SNOW-LESS MOUNTAINS YOU CAN SEE WHERE THE WORLD IS GOING Get
                    sustainable, says theALPS conference http://bit.ly/V8Cwcq

                    TRAVEL AGENTS LEARN ABOUT SNOW AND SUSTAINABILITY
                    UK Responsible skiing trade conference unveiled http://bit.ly/WxOUjY

                    DO THEY STILL NOT GET THE FACT THAT SUSTAINABILITY WILL SAVE?
                    UK hospitality industry long way to go on the green road says new report
                    http://bit.ly/U2myz9

                    FAIR TRADE AND TOURISM IN SIGHT
                    Focus on sustainable tourism certifying http://bit.ly/R3Y8Tp

                    WE TRULY LOVE OUR CETACEANS
                    World whale and dolphin watch operators to meet http://bit.ly/WlRD1x

                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 31, 2012
                      These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                      comments are very welcome...

                      THIS WEEKS NEWS SELECTION:

                      Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
                      meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

                      COMPASSION & TOURISM MAKE A GREAT DESTINATION AND A SUPERB STORY
                      Palliative Care Comes to Himalayan Spiti Valley: http://bit.ly/RseGEL

                      ECOTOURISM OPPORTUNITY: INVEST AND FEEL GOOD
                      Tourism concern supports groundbreaking poverty-eradication pilot
                      http://bit.ly/Pl7337

                      LAST CHANCE FOR AMAZING DESTINATION 82% DISCOUNT OFFER
                      Safeguard your destination's future plus Make more profit now:
                      http://bit.ly/VjKMAG

                      IT¹S NOT ALL FACTS AND FIGURES ­ EMOTIONS MOTIVATE
                      Get your story told: http://bit.ly/RAcjgu

                      ACTION-PACKED RESPONSIBLE TOURISM PROGRAMME
                      Child protection on the bill for WTM Responsible tourism:
                      http://bit.ly/SdKfQl

                      THE VISA-LESS BORDERLESS WORLD BECKONS
                      Welcome to the world of one billion tourists at WTM: http://bit.ly/SdK9YJ

                      STOP MASS TOURISM AT LEAST IN SENSITIVE PLACES
                      Call to halt tourism in Galapagos: http://bit.ly/X0cx6F

                      THIS IS WHERE INNOVATIVE, PASSIONATE TOURISM BEGINS
                      Responsible tourism fringe event for WTM again: http://bit.ly/Tmr853

                      FINALLY A DESTINATION REALISES THAT THERE IS NO POINT IN MONEYLESS NUMBERS
                      Massive difference in Mekong tourism take: http://bit.ly/TWgqJ3

                      PRETTY FLOWERS, GOOD WALKING, BIG SPEND
                      Wild flowers and walking bring in high-spending tourists:
                      http://bit.ly/PGwH3D

                      That's it for today

                      Comments, by the way always very, very, very welcome indeed.

                      Why not also search for 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism' group at Linkedin
                      and join it? WE now have NEARLY 2,000 professional members and a new

                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 14, 2012
                        Hello

                        These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                        comments are very, very welcome...

                        ***THE SPECIAL OFFER OF THE YEAR!***:

                        Please can you review this year's innovative, content-packed Sustainable
                        Tourism Report? If so we will give you a 80% discount PLUS a licence to
                        distribute to your stakeholders/students/members.

                        DON¹T MISS IT: GUIDE YOUR DECISIONS, INFORM YOUR STUDENTS, HELP YOUR
                        STAKEHOLDERS WITH THE VERY BEST INFO: JUST WRITE A REVIEW AND SAVE 80% + get
                        licence to distribute: BIG USEFUL INFORMATION-PACKED 2012 Sustainable
                        Tourism Report just out. THIS WEEK ONLY http://bit.ly/SKyKzR

                        ***MORE NEWS***

                        Where Destinations + travel agents + tour operators + thoughtful travellers
                        meet = http://www.totemtourism.com

                        A DISASTER OF CATACLYSMIC PROPORTIONS LOOMS FOR VENICE
                        Venice is sinking under the weight of tourism http://bit.ly/Sl8TOc

                        MYANMAR - NORWAY STEPS IN WITH FUNDS AND TOURISM EXPERTISE
                        Myanmar tourism to take off http://bit.ly/Sl8Vpr

                        IS IT A CAVE-IN OR A MACHIAVELLIAN PLOY FROM CONNIE H? World airlines get EU
                        carbon breathing space http://bit.ly/TDnXX5

                        CHILD SEX TOURISM DISGUSTS, APPALLS & PROFITS Powerful coalition created
                        against child sex tourism http://bit.ly/RW1Yg1

                        BP PAYING BACK FOR TOURISM DESECRATION: $57 million BP money to promote gulf
                        tourism http://bit.ly/RSiDCZ

                        BOEING SETS UP SALMON HABITAT: Planemaker protects fishes
                        http://bit.ly/TYqO17

                        VIRGIN + CHARITY + CARBON + TECH WIZARDRY = Virgin claims 100,000 tonnes of
                        CO2 savings from new software http://bit.ly/Sl9AqQ

                        C. EUROPE TRAVEL AGENTS WAKE UP TO SUSTAINABLE COFFEE: Travel agents
                        organize Croatia sustainable tourism conference http://bit.ly/W6cCki

                        THE OLYMPIC GAMES WORLD CUP AND NOW THISŠ The first big city to get world
                        heritage status is Rio http://bit.ly/Sl9Gif

                        That's it for today

                        Comments, by the way always very, very, very welcome indeed.

                        Why not also search for 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism' group at Linkedin
                        and join it? WE now have ***OVER 2,000!*** professional members and a new

                        Ps don't miss that 80% off offer at http://www.totemtourism.com

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 21, 2012
                          Hello

                          These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                          comments are very, very welcome...

                          COMMUNITY DESTINATIONS THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS - FREE
                          Community destinations share success and avoid failure http://bit.ly/UIuosF

                          INNOVATION IN TOURISM IS THE WAY FORWARD
                          Ulysses Awards innovative winners unveiled http://bit.ly/Qa2mcS

                          THE PROOF OF THE SUSTAINABLE PUDDINGŠ
                          Considerate hoteliers take hospitality awards en masse http://bit.ly/WjDKfM

                          HOSPITALITY IN THE TRUE SENSE OF THE WORD
                          Heartwarm Hotel make Amsterdam even hipper and happier helping homeless
                          http://bit.ly/WjDMUX

                          SUSTAINABLE TOURISM MUST MEAN BETTER ROI
                          Tourism masterclass to focus on sustainable ROI, http://bit.ly/UeMEha

                          GREAT NEW MULTIMEDIA REPORT 75% REDUCTION THIS WEEK
                          The what, why, where, who, when of sustainable tourism http://bit.ly/TfCfky

                          THE BIG REPORT OF THE YEAR 75% OFF LAST CHANCE
                          Sustainable tourism report out now http://bit.ly/SKyKzR

                          IS THIS THE BEGINNING OF A PARADIGM SHIFT?
                          Bank says turn down the heat or face the consequences - tourism will be hit
                          http://bit.ly/TbvuxJ

                          INTERESTING REPUBLICAN MOVE
                          Carbon tax floated in Washington http://bit.ly/UeMI09

                          AND WHILE WE WAIT FOR ICAOŠ
                          WTTC: EU decision may prevent full scale trade war http://bit.ly/RTorL9

                          GOOD FOOD GOOD OPPORTUNITIES
                          Turkey sustainable tourism food project success http://bit.ly/Qa2CbU

                          CATHY MACK ŒS QUEST FOR HEAVEN ON EARTH IN IRELAND
                          In Search of Ireland's EDEN http://bit.ly/QY5ABC

                          IS THIS A WAY TO GET BIG BEAUTIFUL OPPORTUNITIES FOR COMMUNITIES? Reaching
                          for the stars in Italy http://bit.ly/10bz0Oe

                          Ps don't miss that 75% off offer at http://www.totemtourism.com

                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 28, 2012
                            Hello

                            These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                            comments are very, very welcome...

                            EVEN SMALL BUDGETS CAN BE ASSISTED: Get massive marketing power behind your
                            green offer: http://bit.ly/V1SYop

                            HOW LONG CAN IT TAKE BEFORE WE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE? Greenhouse gases hit
                            record level and threaten tourism: http://bit.ly/SpAeCv

                            MINIMUM PUBILICITY MAY MEAN COP SUCCESS: Tourism and climate change talks
                            announced: http://bit.ly/V1T6nO

                            REALLY WORTHWHILE DESTINATION INITIATIVES: Sustainable travel award
                            shortlist unveiled: http://bit.ly/TqCXMG

                            THE HEART OF GOOD HOTELIERSHIP: Hospitality: small can be very beautiful
                            indeed: http://bit.ly/TqDazx

                            HOW BIG COULD VIETNAM BE? Vietnam targets big sustainable tourism growth:
                            http://bit.ly/10MS59E

                            HOW BAD COULD THIS BE? Are tour operators turning a blind eye to Sri Lanka
                            war crimes? http://bit.ly/SpAkdg

                            SUSTAINABILITY REALLY NEEDS PROFIT TO SURVIVE: Tourism masterclass to focus
                            on sustainable ROI: http://bit.ly/UeMEha

                            THIS IS THE BEST SMALL INITIATIVE: Community destinations share success and
                            avoid failure: http://bit.ly/UIuosF

                            THE SOUL OF SUSTAINABILITY: Heartwarm Hotel new projects make Amsterdam even
                            hipper and happier helping homelessness: http://bit.ly/WjDMUX

                            BUY IT NOW ITS ON OFFER: The what, why, where, who, when of sustainable
                            tourism: http://bit.ly/TfCfky

                            Message 13 of 25 , Dec 13, 2012
                              Hello

                              These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                              comments are very, very welcome...

                              GOOD WORKS SOMETIMES MEAN BIG PROFITS AND BAD INTENTIONS!
                              Voluntourism controversy strikes again: http://bit.ly/12nLtys

                              SENSATIONAL FOOD, TERRIFIC CULTURE, AMAZING SIGHTS BUT ABOVE ALL - BRAVE
                              COMMITTED PEOPLE:
                              Marching through Marche: http://bit.ly/TXSNPe

                              UTTERLY, UTTERLY, UTTERLY PERFECTLY PRISTINE AND VERY WARMHEARTED
                              Simply what Christmas is all about: http://bit.ly/Ud6EOB

                              SUSTAINABLE TOURISM SIMPLY STATED ­ MAKE IT WORK EFFECTIVELY
                              The what, why, where, who, when of sustainable tourism:
                              http://bit.ly/TfCfky

                              ISN¹T SUSTAINABLE HEALTHY PROFIT WHAT IT¹S ALL ABOUT?
                              Tourism masterclass to focus on sustainable ROI: http://bit.ly/UeMEha

                              UNWTO LEADS THE FRINGY FRINGE EVENT AT COP18
                              Climate change tourism talks: http://bit.ly/ZlSkJG

                              TAX BREAKS FOR BIG IN CARIBBEAN ALL-INCLUSIVE UNDERCUTS LOCAL HOTELIERS Deal
                              or no deal: Grenada: http://bit.ly/TR0kfl

                              VISIT ENGLAND ASSESSES VISITOR ECONOMY
                              Staycationers stay away in UK: http://bit.ly/TdQXHM

                              WHAT A PITY IF THIS GIGANTIC OPPORTUNITY IS MISSED
                              Investors warn over UN climate fund: http://bit.ly/XY4oAi

                              JUST WHERE IT SHOULD BE, DON¹T YOU THINK?
                              Table mountain wonder: http://bit.ly/Ud7hYo

                              3.6 MILLION TRADE PAGE VIEWS A MONTH MEAN 3.6MILLION OPPORTUNITIES Get
                              massive marketing power behind your green offer: http://bit.ly/V1SYop

                              That's it for today

                              Comments, by the way always very, very, very welcome indeed.

                              Why not also search for 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism' group at Linkedin
                              and join it? WE now have ***OVER 2,100!*** professional members and a new

                              Message 14 of 25 , Jan 11, 2013
                                Hello

                                These are my picks of the week, hope you find them worthwhile, as always
                                comments are very, very welcome...

                                TRY IT FOR LESS THAN 10% OF THE USUAL PRICE
                                Sustainable tourism report subscription over 90% off http://bit.ly/RFth14

                                FINANCIAL, PRACTICAL AND SPIRITUAL PARTNERS
                                Real food and real tourism http://bit.ly/ZpEK3x

                                THE UNCONFERENCE IS SET TO ROLL IN FEB
                                Fall in love with responsible tourism again http://bit.ly/Ve3Jst

                                TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY THAT REALLY MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT LIFE
                                Real tourism in Romagna http://bit.ly/Ve3Own

                                HEALTHY TOURISM IN 2012 ­ THE VERY BEST
                                Real tourism roll of honour http://bit.ly/WxzEzU

                                BIG ISSUES OF THE DAY & GOOD FOOD AND NICE PEOPLE
                                Food, marketing and yield for tourism masterclass http://bit.ly/ZpF16w

                                BUILD YOUR OWN HOTEL
                                Responsible tourism alliance creates alternative to mass Thai tourism
                                http://bit.ly/U3eITA

                                THEY ARE ALL CREATING DISRUPTIVE INNOVATIONS
                                Real Tourism innovators ten for 2013 http://bit.ly/RFtrFG

                                TOURISM HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL FOR GOOD ­ CAN IT REALISE IT?
                                Ecotourism key to poverty eradication says UNWTO http://bit.ly/Ve4h1w

                                PRINCE CHARLES BEHIND ANOTHER SUSTAINABLE INITIATIVE
                                ITP turns 20 http://bit.ly/U3r8ec

                                Ps don't miss that 90%+ off offer at http://www.totemtourism.com