Can you help us develope ecotourism in our country?

  • maurtuadenisse
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      Hi! I´m a student from Lima, Perú and I´m working on a proyect to
      develope The "microcuenca de las Pavas" in Tingo María as an
      ecotourist destiny.
      This place surrounds the protected natural area of the National Park
      of Tingo María. The place is full of waterfalls, natural pools, a lot
      of flora and fauna tipical of the place.
      The idea is to run an ecolodge there, a place where ecotourists can
      experience all the beauty of the peruvian high jungle at the same
      time that contributes with the developement of the local comunity and
      the sostainability of the place.
      Me and my partners have built a web page to show everyone who is
      interested some of the atractions of microcuenca de las pavas. I say
      some of them because we want ecotourists to help us discover all the
      amazing things this place has. We know we have seen a lot of this
      place but we also know that there is a lot to see and a lot that we
      can do together with the tourism for the local people and their
      developement.
      The thing is, we would like you to go to our web page and see what we
      are talking about and maybe then you can let us know if you would be
      interested in vistiting a place like this.
      You can write to us to: tingolodge@...
      our web page is: www.geocities.com/tingolodge

      thanks for your help!

      You can help us develope a serious and commited ecotourism in our
      country!
    • Claude-Jean Harel
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        Greetings from Canada,

        Hola de Canada!

        I run a responsible tourism company (www.greatexcursions.com) and do a fair
        bit of tourism consulting work around the heritage resources. Mi
        especialidad es archeologia. Why don't you tell me a little more about where
        you are at with your project. Give us your name and phone number and I'll
        run it past a journalist friend of mine at the Dow Jones bureau in Lima who
        is very much into ecotourism issues. Me dice que su pais es fabuloso de
        tantos maneras.

        No tengo aqui en Saskatchewan la opportunidad de practicar my espanol
        regularamente.

        Nos hablaremos mas tarde.

        Hasta lueguo!

        Claudio-Juan

        --
        Claude-Jean Harel, President and CEO
        Great Excursions Co.

        Canadian Manager of Michel Fournier's Super Jump Team www.legrandsaut.org
        Founding member of the Learning and Enrichment Travel Alliance Canada
        www.letacanada.com
        Proud member of Responsibletravel.com www.responsibletravel.com
        Proud member of the Saskatchewan Tourism Authority www.sasktourism.com
        Proud member of Tourism Regina www.tourismregina.com
        Proud member of the Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership
        www.sasktrade.sk.ca