Announcement - Ecotourism Spotlight Award

  • Planeta Newsdesk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2007
      Announcement

      New Ecotourism Award to Spotlight Government Portals
      http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/tour/awardspotlight.html

      Government websites that spotlight ecotourism and sustainable travel are
      eligible to win Planeta.com's 2007 Ecotourism Spotlight Award. Nominations
      are accepted online March 15-June 15.

      ABOUT THE AWARD - The Ecotourism Spotlight Award has three categories:
      local, national and international institutions. Nominees may include
      environmental, tourism or other government portals. Winners receive bragging
      rights.

      ABOUT THE NOMINATION PROCESS - Anyone can nominate a government website.
      Ideally we would like to hear from local tour operators and conservationists
      who are pleased with how their governments work toward ecotourism and
      responsible travel. Eco travelers may also nominate their favorite
      government portal.

      CRITERIA - The application asks whether the portal includes information
      about ecotourism, responsible travel and sustainable tourism. Bonus points
      will go to the sites with the least amount of clicks to this information
      from the home page.

      We ask whether the site includes details about local operators, city parks
      and public transportation. We also review whether the portal includes
      exterior links to other websites that provide visitor-friendly information
      or background on ecotourism and responsible travel.

      Details
      >> http://www.planeta.com/ecotravel/tour/awardspotlight.html

    • Editor, Planeta.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15 12:13 PM
        The deadline has been extended from June 15 to July 15 for nominations for the Ecotourism
        Spotlight Award. Voting will begin in August.

        Details
        http://tinyurl.com/yqcj2m