website squatting on travel names

  • John Shores
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      Marcus and other green-travel friends:

      I was at first pleased to see the latest web site list from
      Marcus under the subject: national park resources.

      But when I did a spot-check in the "Yosemite" section of the
      alphabet, I uncovered that 5 out of the 5 URL's I checked were
      empty shells, empty portals, or just names. In other words, no
      new content, just squatters sitting on the URL.

      This is the sad part of the web -- unscrupulous web squatters and
      other scammers who add no value to the InterNet but attempt to
      live like parasites off the work of others.

      I appreciate the work Marcus does when he sends his bots out to
      search the 'Net for green-travel-related content. I'm
      disappointed when the bots return with so much trash. Each time
      ICANN adds a new top level domain like .info the net result is
      just more clutter and less useful content.

      It becomes more and more time-consuming to separate the grains of
      wheat from the chaff.

      // John Shores //