CAST's BroadCAST - January 2006

  • Jennifer Dohrmann Alpert
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      If you are having trouble viewing this e-mail, you can view the
      BroadCAST directly at
      http://www.cha-cast.com/BroadCAST.JAN%202006.htm#INDEX

      ________________________________

      A CHA Subsidiary <http://www.caribbeanhotels.org>

      The BroadCAST

      CAST's Quarterly Newsletter

      Volume 18 Number 1

      January 2006
      Home Page <http://www.cha-cast.com/index.html>

      PLEASE VISIT THE CAST WEBSITE AT: http://www.cha-cast.com
      <http://www.cha-cast.com>

      To see the October 2005 Issues of the BroadCAST, please click HERE
      <http://www.cha-cast.com/Back%20Issue%20BroadCASTs/BroadCAST.Oct%202005.
      htm>

      Please click on the links below to read the full article

      Director's Cut

      This issue continues our focus on the Quality Tourism for the Caribbean
      (QTC) program jointly implemented by CAST and the Caribbean Epidemiology
      Centre (CAREC) in Trinidad. We are pursuing additional funding to
      continue the good work started a few years ago to develop a
      comprehensive standards and certification program that is relevant to
      our region.

      Quality Tourism for the Caribbean (QTC): Achieving Recognition and
      Sustainability

      In the last issue of the BroadCAST, we discussed our vision of the QTC
      program, as the Caribbean's own indigenous tourism certification
      program, holistic in approach and covering health, safety and
      environment issues. In this issue we select four major issues for
      discussion that are important to improving QTC market demand, access and
      program sustainability for the long term.

      Leading Lights

      This month's leading light feature is on Spice Island Beach Resort
      <http://www.spiceislandbeachresort.com/> Owner and CAST Chairman, Sir
      Royston O. Hopkin KCMG

      CAST News

      Read the latest news about the election of CAST's new Vice Chairperson,
      conferences we will participate in and our presence at Caribbean
      Marketplace.

      Sustainable Tourism Roundup

      Learn about exciting regional news like the 2nd Caribbean Health Tourism
      & Spa Symposium, the 2006 American Express Caribbean Environmental
      Awards, the latest with the Sustainable Tourism Certification Network of
      the Americas, Earth Day and much more.

      Feedback From Our Readers

      Read the responses to October's BroadCAST question, "I have heard that
      Dengue is a serious risk in the Caribbean. Can anyone inform me of how
      Dengue is transmitted, how it is prevented and on which islands it is
      most prevalent?"

      Back to the Top

      Views expressed above are not necessarily those of the Caribbean
      Alliance for Sustainable Tourism

      If you wish to unsubscribe from the BroadCAST Newsletter, please send an
      e-mail to cast@... <mailto:cast@...>
      with Unsubscribe BroadCAST in the subject line.

      Copyright (c) 2006 Caribbean Alliance for Sustainable Tourism. All
      rights reserved.

      <http://www.caribbeanhotels.org/>

      Caribbean Alliance for Sustainable Tourism

      1000 Ave Ponce de Leon, 5th Floor

      San Juan, Puerto Rico 00907

      Tel: (787)-725-9139

      Fax: (787)-725-9108

      E-mail: cast@...

      This page was last updated on February 01, 2006