Re....links to GOOD travel sites to assist all parties

  • robert mortimer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2001

      G'day Marcus from Australia,
      Just a quick query,want to make our site more interesting, e.g. offer real
      international ecotravel etc. Links to other likewise sites , what have you.
      Had a look at your suggestion below and it appears to be a bit broad......what
      are your [ or any one else's ]thoughts on the matter ?..........genuine "eco"
      tourism is getting a little hard to find [globally] and we, the purists, need
      to get together if not for promotional force,at least for consolation!
      Australia is now leading the world in species extinction and we DESPERATELY
      need help to get more fair dinkum ecotourists on seats to pay for our
      conservation programmes.
      Our aim, as you know ,is to purchase as much endangered species habitat as
      possible, and not being filthy rich, MUST rely on donations from "fares".
      Enough of the soapbox stuff.............can anyone help get our URL site more
      noticed,
      free,or at least cheap? BUT no shonky deals...if it's not real, we are better
      off on our own!
      Regards for now,
      Carmel and Rob
      Carrowong Fauna Sanctuary

      Phone 07 40937287
      email carrowong@...
      address
      Carrowong Fauna Sanctuary
      PO Box 43
      Kuranda Qld 4872

      http://www.australiawildlifetours.com/
      Kuranda Queensland

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1 5:20 AM

        G'day Carmel & Rob,

        I am building a small list of nature travel/nature photography programs
        which I hope to offer on a fairly regular basis. I have only been doing
        this for two years, though I have been a professional nature photojournalist
        and writer for 15 years. Last year's programs all filled and I am looking
        forward to expanding my offerings in 2001 and 2002.

        I do not, as of yet, have an Australia program. I would be grateful if you
        visited my site and let me know if you would be interested in collaborating
        with me on building an Australian natural history/nature photography tour.
        Hopefully we can establish some sort of symbiosis with one another.

        With gratitude and respect,
        Gustav W. Verderber
        Environmental Interpretation
        NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY * FREE-LANCE WRITING * NATURE TRAVEL
        Email: G.Verderber@... <mailto:G.Verderber@...>
        P.O. Box 153, Lowell, VT 05847 USA
        Telephone: (802) 744-2392

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1 8:35 AM

          Since we are talking about websites.. we are currently enlarging the site of
          our association (http://www.actanet.it) to become the italian portal for
          sustainable tourism. We do not have, for the moment being, the resources to
          put in an international part, also because there are already lots of
          information in English about worldwide ecotourism. What I'd kindly request
          is if somebody has interesting information in italian language, about
          links/initiatives/events/positive examples or anything else that he/she
          thinks could apply to an italian audience ..please send it to me! The site
          already contains a database on literature in italian language on sustainable
          tourism ("bibliografia"), information on training and education in the
          tourism sector in general, links, articles on ecolabeling and environmental
          quality in tourism, cultural tourism, local development, mobility, protected
          areas, wellness....
          We have also a mailing list in italian language ("partecipare") and are
          working on a job bank for work and study jobs in this field.
          Any comment, suggestion and contribution would be very appreciated
          Greetings
          Dagmar Diwok
          ACTA, Associazione Cultura Turismo Ambiente
          Milano, Italy
          http://www.actanet.it

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1 9:30 AM

            please send us a banner and we will put it on our website, if you will do
            the same. anyone in this business feel free to send us your banners, we want
            to do our part. Ron Mader, a well-known ecotourism advocate, is one of our
            main writers.

            Max Hartshorne

            Max Hartshorne editor@...
            Managing Editor http://www.TransitionsAbroad.com
            Transitions Abroad Publishing voice.800-293-0373-
            PO Box 1300 fax.413-256-0373
            Amherst, Massachusetts 01004-1300
            Please consult our writer's guidelines:
            http://www.transitionsabroad.com/information/writers/index.shtml