2004 World Environment Day

  • Planeta Newsdesk
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2004
      PLANETA BULLETIN

      To celebrate the 2004 World Environment Day, the Planeta website will
      present the fourth annual COLIBRI ECOTOURISM AWARD on June 5, 2004 to a
      leader in Mexican ecotourism.

      ABOUT WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY -- The United Nations General Assembly
      established the first World Environment Day <http://www.unep.org/wed> in
      1972 to mark the opening of the Stockholm Conference on the Human
      Environment. In 2004, the spotlight illuminates environmental issues related
      to our planet's Oceans and Seas.

      ABOUT THE COLIBRI AWARD -- The Colibri Award
      <http://www.planeta.com/colibri.html> is presented to a leading authority
      and catalyst at the vanguard of ecotourism. Working at the intersection of
      environmental conservation and tourism development is not an easy task. To
      honor those who have succeeded, we pay our respect via the Colibri
      ("Hummingbird") Ecotourism Achievement Award.

      Now celebrating its fourth year, the Colibri Award recognizes achievement at
      the vanguard of responsible environmental travel. The award debuted in 2001
      and has been accompanied by a $1,000 cash award from Canyon Travel
      <http://www.canyontravel.com>.