6375Announcement from a VISION for Sustainable Tourism: Editor's must reads - Cruises 0 Expo1

  • Valere Tjolle
    May 21, 2014
      Hello Green travellers

      How many people know that it's Expo2015 in Milan next year? Scheduled to
      bring 20 million tourists and focused on food and sustainability - how could
      it miss? Neat combination of corruption and rubbish marketing really -
      that's how it could miss - still there's a little time left and that Nice Mr
      Renzi (translation Blair) is taking it in hand now the clock's ticking
      loudly.

      Interesting week - I heard Agenda 21 mentioned by a Eurocrat in Cheltenham
      (cheers!) and looked at a tourism project in Piedmonte where sustainable
      tourism and integration were in the same sentence. Wonders will never cease!

      I heartily recommend our website http://www.totemtourism.com interviews,
      stories, offers - worthwhile or they wouldn't be there!

      This week's news:

      The writing is on the wall. Tide of opinion rises against cruises:
      http://bit.ly/1k4zzV0

      Tourism needs to help more than hurt. Partnership to keep kids safe from
      tourists: http://bit.ly/1ne2B7V

      Fun, inspirational and effective: Unique new destination marketing
      initiative unveiled: http://bit.ly/1lE4xQc

      Oxymoron or progress? Airline wins sustainability award:
      http://bit.ly/1h7p0Mc

      A free perception-changing opportunity for ANY destination - Keys to
      successful destination management revealed - get Free report:
      http://bit.ly/1gO2tJI

      This is a heartwarming story: Lao Star is Asia tourism's face of the future:
      http://bit.ly/1gkkT4j

      He¹s in his element in Milan! Prince Harry chats at expo 2015 event:
      http://bit.ly/1sTf4Lv

      The natural world - our most powerful ally: long distance travelers feed
      $55billion global ecotourism opportunities: http://bit.ly/1jClMpu

      Marketing is a very sustainable word! Want to get high-spending green
      tourists for your sustainable offer?: http://bit.ly/1gO2xJA

      Sensational scenery beckons. On yer bike: free-wheeling coast to coast in
      uk's Geordieland this summer: http://bit.ly/ShSW24

      Economic sustainability is important too - Sustainable ROI top of bill at
      masterclass: http://bit.ly/1oe5mTC

      That's it for today

      Comments, by the way always very, very, very welcome indeed.

      Why not also tell your friends about 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism'
      group at Linkedin and join it? We now have OVER ***5,000!*** professional
      members and at least one fascinating new sustainable tourism/real tourism
      discussion every day.

      And if you're a Destination Organisation or a destination supplier why not
      join our new linkedin group 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism Destinations'

      Like Facebook? Like us? http://www.facebook.com/totemtourismnews

      Tweet? @TotemTourism

      All the very best
      Valere

      Ps check out http://www.totemtourism.com - it's a mine of sustainable
      tourism info -and offers

      Valere Tjolle ­ Principal
      TOTEMTOURISM: TOURISMVISION
      Publishers of the annual Sustainable Tourism Report Suite
      Eagle House: Batheaston: BA1 7EH: UK
      T: +44 (0)1225 859388
      M: +44 7710 173005
      E: valere@...