6372Editors must reads: IT'S ALL ABOUT THE WELCOME

  • Valere Tjolle
    May 7 5:11 AM
      Hello Green Travellers

      This week's news is from the sublime to the ridiculous - great winners as
      usual at the Tourism for Tomorrow Awards - heartwarming (rather than
      globalwarming!) stories. Will art help to restore our coral reefs rather
      than desecrating them? And a free offer.

      Plus, in their meretricious to-the-death fight to keep out of global
      emissions-control - not quite in the spirit of the 1947 Chicago Convention
      which granted airlines freedom from tax - ATAG calls for government
      co-operation. Is it something to do with the ICAO - EU negotiations about
      emission-capping the airline industry? Remember airlines represent 80% of
      tourism emissions (say 5% of global emissions), our industry is increasing
      by 5% per annum - AND by 2050 we are bound to reduce total emissions by 50%.
      Do the maths, then pray for a miracle!

      First - I heartily recommend our website http://www.totemtourism.com
      interviews, stories, offers - worthwhile or they wouldn't be there!

      This week's news:

      GREAT TOURISM SCHOOL ­ WONDERFUL COOPERATION ­ SUPER FUTURE
      Laos tourism school wins global award: http://bit.ly/Sz2whv

      GREEN? THE TOURISM WORLD IS SLOWLY GETTING BETTER
      Enjoy video interview sustainable tourism winner stories and more:
      http://bit.ly/1kKVDkN

      KEYS TO SUCCESSFUL DESTINATION MANAGEMENT REVEALED: Successful Sustainable
      destinations IN ACTION - get Free report: http://bit.ly/1frEr6L

      ART AND ECOLOGY PRODUCE BEAUTIFUL RESULTS:
      Coral reef given new life: http://bit.ly/1s1QsQ7

      STREAM PROJECT PUTS CLIMATE TOOLS IN LOCAL HANDS
      UNWTO -led project helps fight climate change in Indonesia:
      http://bit.ly/1kKNjl2

      TAX-FREE FUEL, TAX-FREE EMISSIONS,­ WHAT NEXT FOR ICAO?:
      Government partnership needed for green growth in air travel:
      http://bit.ly/1j1OoSK

      GIVING GREEN TOURISM GLOBAL VISIBILITY Global green travel & tourism
      marketplace unveiled: http://bit.ly/1o5lJnT

      ADD VALUE TO YOUR ITB or WTM VISIT New look sustainable tourism
      masterclasses go international: http://bit.ly/1kVTAfy

      POWERFUL GREEN INTEGRATED DESTINATION MARKETING IN PRACTICE - stunning new
      free lifestyle magazine: http://bit.ly/1uyWfAR

      GOOD CERTIFICATION SAVES MONEY & REAL FUTURE BENEFITS
      Sustainability is the goal, certification the means: http://bit.ly/1j1Oxpl

      That's it for today

      Comments, by the way always very, very, very welcome indeed.

      Why not also tell your friends about 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism'
      group at Linkedin and join it? We now have nearly ***5,000!*** professional
      members and at least one fascinating new sustainable tourism/real tourism
      discussion every day.

      And if you're a Destination Organisation or a destination supplier why not
      join our new linkedin group 'A Vision for Sustainable Tourism Destinations'

      Like Facebook? Like us? http://www.facebook.com/totemtourismnews

      Tweet? @TotemTourism

      All the very best
      Valere

      Ps check out http://www.totemtourism.com - it's a mine of sustainable
      tourism info -and offers

      Valere Tjolle ­ Principal
      TOTEMTOURISM: TOURISMVISION
      Publishers of the annual Sustainable Tourism Report Suite
      Eagle House: Batheaston: BA1 7EH: UK
      T: +44 (0)1225 859388
      M: +44 7710 173005
      E: valere@...