6369Travel4Good - Please support this innovative disruption in responsible tourism.

  • Shane
    Apr 16 5:59 AM

      Hi All,

      I have been in tourism for close to 30 years, it has served me well but I have really never liked the way the business works.

      Before eventually handing over to the next generation I wanted to see if I could do something to initiate the fundamental changes that I felt were needed in our industry.

      I hope you don't mind me asking those of you who share my views  to support the petition I have started by joining Avaaz.org and signing it.

      It will be sent to: The heads of the WTO (World Tourism Organisation) and the ILO (International Labour Organisation.)

      It asks for: Their support for an innovative disruption in tourism that will see the middleman's commission being used to build a more equitable tourism industry worldwide. One that provides a better deal for both buyers (tourists) the sellers (small tourism business operators) and the people in the host destination.

      The petition is really important and could use your help. Click here to find out more and sign:
      http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/The_heads_of_the_WTO_and_the_ILO_Support_a_new_distribution_system_that_levels_the_playing_field_for_tourism/?mTdFJeb

      I find it hard to imagine that there could be a more equitable solution to creating employment, providing opportunity, and addressing income inequality on such a grand scale than the one I am proposing. It is in BETA format and needs improvement but that will come through collaboration.

      Willing to help, please proceed as follows:

      1. Read & sign the petition
      Note*
      If you do not wish to be an Avaaz.org community member, you may sign on, support the petition, then unsubscribe. However most of those I know will see the value of what Avaaz does and opt to be a member.

      And/Or

      2. Consider joining T4G as a Travel Club Member (its Free) - read the overview on http://www.travel4good.com/RTA.php?main_panel=Show_text.php&tid=6&s_tid=134

      3. Like us on Facebook - and spread the word via social media. (link on website.)

      Grateful for your support on this, happy to provide more information on request.

      Shane K Beary
      Founder
      Travel4Good.com