6358Responsible Travel Week, February 10-16

  • planeta_newsdesk
    Feb 4, 2014
      Fall in love with responsible travel February 10-16 as Planeta.com hosts our sixth annual Responsible Travel Week, a week-long unconference that kicks off 2014 in fine style. A great plus: admission is free and there's no jet lag! The event takes place online and around the world through a series of local events organized by participants.

      2014 is the sixth year for Responsible Travel Week and Planeta.com's 14th year of innovative conferencing. We expect our global conversation to take a great leap forward thanks to inspired participation. There are plenty of ways to get involved. Have you started planning? There are local and online events.

      One of Planeta.com's tentpole events, Responsible Travel Week manifests our commitment toward effective communication andcollaboration.

      Crowdsourced and crowdfunded, Responsible Travel Week amplifies down-to-earth applications of noble concepts including responsible travelconscious travel, the local travel movement and ecotourism with the inexpensive social web. We have the tools in hour hands to plan trips, to welcome visitors, to make the world a better place. We welcome financial sponsors, including individuals and institutions willing to invest in a more formal approach, including awards and workshops focused on digital literacy training.

      Let's learn how to use new technologies, how to combine high tech with lo-fi face-to-face gatherings.

      We will make specific suggestions Monday-Friday that correspond to the levels of engagement. Featured are special motivational exercises to help you be creative (Monday), generous (Tuesday), attentive (Wednesday), curious (Thursday) and empathetic (Friday).

      Top Tips

      Circle the dates on your calendar and budget time.

      Introduce yourself via Facebook.

      Tweet using the #rtweek14 hashtag.

      Comment and ask questions on Ron's blog.

      Join us for the real-time hangouts.

      If you cannot create, curate.

      Share what you learn with family and friends. 'Responsible travel' has little value if we cannot articulate its values in public.

      Do what you love doing, not what you think you ought to be doing.

      Details

      http://planeta.wikispaces.com/rtweek2014