RE: [greekorthodoxmusic] Apolytikion for Sunday, May 25, Shepherds of Byzantium

  • Felipe Flores Morelos
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2008

      Dear Stan,

      Xristos Anesti!

      Again… Do you have it in greek?

      Thanks a lot

      Felipe.

      De: greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com [mailto:greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com] En nombre de Stan T
      Enviado el: Sábado, 24 de Mayo de 2008 04:40 p.m.
      Para: greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com
      Asunto: [greekorthodoxmusic] Apolytikion for Sunday, May 25, Shepherds of Byzantium

      Dear List:

      There are three special apolytikia for tomorrow, Mid-Pentecost,
      Shepherds of Byzantium, and Finding of the Head of John the
      Forerunner. I was able to find the first and third ones on Papa
      Ephraim's website, but could not find the middle one anywhere, so
      Nancy translated it and set it to music. I typeset it and put it on
      the website.

      You can download it here:

      http://www.newbyz.org/shepherdsofbyzantium.pdf

      Stan

    • Stan T
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2008
        Dear Felipe:

        I made a Greek version and it is now included on the same link:

        --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe Flores Morelos"
        <ffm@...> wrote:

        > Dear Stan,
        >
        > Xristos Anesti!
        >
        > Again… Do you have it in greek?
        >
        > Thanks a lot
        >
        > Felipe.
      • Stan T
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2008
          Dear List:

          In correcting some typographical errors in the Greek version of this
          hymn, I accidentally messed up the melodic line. I have corrected the
          goof, and ask that you delete the file if you have downloaded it, and
          then download it again here:

          http://www.newbyz.org/shepherdsofbyzantium.pdf

          I apologize for the inconvenience.