Ninth Ode of the Orthros Canon for the Presentation of Christ in the Temple

  • Stan T
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
      Dear List:

      At the request of the nuns at the Dormition Monastery in Rives
      Junction, Nancy has completed a translation and setting in staff
      notation of the Ninth Ode of the Orthros Canon for the Presentation of
      Christ. There are two versions, one in chant, and (guess what?) a
      harmonized version. Here are the links:

      Third Tone Version:

      http://www.newbyz.org/presentationchristode9en.pdf

      Harmonized Version:

      http://www.newbyz.org/presentationchristode9enh.pdf

      The poetry in this is just beautiful.

      Stan
    • Felipe Flores Morelos
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008

        Tahnk you. You are really doing a very significant work. Could we have the same in Greek?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
          --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe Flores Morelos"
          <ffm@...> wrote:

          > Tahnk you. You are really doing a very significant work. Could we
          have the
          > same in Greek?

          Here it is just for you, Felipe:

          http://www.newbyz.org/presentationchristode9grh.pdf
        • Felipe Flores Morelos
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008

            Thanks a lot,

            Is it possible to have the original file for the Noteworthy composer?