Salutations Service Book

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2006
      Dear All:

      My priest asked me to create a Greek and English pew service text book
      that contains Nancy's translations of the hymns. I have finished it
      and am making it available to everybody. It is formatted in booklet
      form on regular letter-size paper. It has the Small Compline, Canon,
      and Akathist Hymn with instructions for each of the five Fridays.

      You can get it here:

      http://geocities.com/takistan/salutationspew.pdf

      I have also updated the instructions of the companion music book and
      made a few typographical corrections. The new version is here:

      http://geocities.com/takistan/salutationsmusic.pdf

      Sincerely,

      Stan
    • presphotini
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2006
        In normal Greek practice what happens this Friday?

        Are salutations included, or before or after the Vespers for
        Annunciation, or ...

        In Christ,

        Photini

        --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, "Stan Takis" <takistan@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear All:
        >
        > My priest asked me to create a Greek and English pew service text book
        > that contains Nancy's translations of the hymns. I have finished it
        > and am making it available to everybody. It is formatted in booklet
        > form on regular letter-size paper. It has the Small Compline, Canon,
        > and Akathist Hymn with instructions for each of the five Fridays.
        >
        > You can get it here:
        >
        > http://geocities.com/takistan/salutationspew.pdf
        >
        > I have also updated the instructions of the companion music book and
        > made a few typographical corrections. The new version is here:
        >
        > http://geocities.com/takistan/salutationsmusic.pdf
        >
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > Stan

      • manny9655
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2006
          Normally on Fridays during Lent we have the Salutations service with
          the Little Compline. That is the beginning part of the service with
          the Psalm readings, the Creed and the Doxology, etc. When it is
          celebrated with Great Vespers, I believe we follow the Vesper service
          as usual (with, of course, the hymns for the feast at hand) up until
          the Entrance (chanting the Doxastikon of the day and Fos Ilaron) and
          the prophetic readings. We then commence with the canon Anixo to
          Stoma Mou and proceed from there with the Salutations.

          I believe this is the correct procedure, I don't have a book at home
          that has the akolouthia for this case as it happens only about once
          every 7 or 8 years. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

          --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, "presphotini"