Tomorrow, October 1st: "Church Music and English Language Services"

  • dananetherton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      This just came into my email inbox, courtesy of the
      Archdiocese's SCOBA announcements newsletter:

      CRTL Monthly Program Schedule for October 2005.

      For Immediate Release
      For More Information please contact:
      OCN - Orthodox Christian Network Sub Deacon Nicholas Tentzeras,
      Booking Director
      "Come Receive the Light" Radio Program SubDeaconNicholas@...
      815 NE 15th Avenue Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33305 1-888-211.4141

      Schedule of Programs for October 2005

      10/01/2005
      Topic: Church Music and English Language Services
      Guest: Fr. Seraphim Dedes

      Church music is an integral part of the Orthodox Christian church
      experience; as Orthodox Church Services in America are moving toward
      English speaking services, so is the church music. Fr. Chris and Emmy
      welcome Fr. Seraphim Dedes who will teach us the intricacies of
      Byzantine style music and how it is being translated into Western
      notation and why. Today we commemorate the life of St. Romanos the
      Melodist, who brought us such wonderful church music.

      <big snip>

      Subscribe to the Come Receive The Light e-newsletter at
      http://www.receive.org for a weekly inspirational message and the
      latest updates of upcoming programs.

      F Everyone's I, The CRTL website has a directory of the stations that
      broadcast its show. CRTL also archives its programs, and you can
      listen to archived programs at its web site.

      I'm looking forward to listening to this one!

      -- Dana Netherton