Any local Byzantine chanting classes or groups?

  • justinraybates
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2005
      I posted this in the chant group, but I thought I'd post it here just
      in case.

      Is anyone aware of any parishes offering Byzantine chanting seminars
      or classes in the New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, or
      New Hampshire areas? I'm personally interested in the NJ, NY, CT
      areas, particularly parishes in or near NYC. Some of the people I met
      this past weekend in Boston at that chanting seminar live in New
      Hampshire, so that is why I asked about MA or NH. I think the
      seminary is too far for them to make a regular drive.
      Relatedly, are there any psaltis or priests in these areas with
      appropriate training who can and are willing to teach classes?

      Thanks again for your help,

      Justin "Chrysostomos"
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2005
        Justin:

        I haven't checked the byzantine board yet, but you'll probably get
        some answers there. I just got back from Boston. I guess this board is
        pretty inactive right now.

        Stan

        --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, "justinraybates"
        <justinraybates@y...> wrote:
        > I posted this in the chant group, but I thought I'd post it here just
        > in case.
        >
        > Is anyone aware of any parishes offering Byzantine chanting seminars
        > or classes in the New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, or
        > New Hampshire areas? I'm personally interested in the NJ, NY, CT
        > areas, particularly parishes in or near NYC. Some of the people I met
        > this past weekend in Boston at that chanting seminar live in New
        > Hampshire, so that is why I asked about MA or NH. I think the
        > seminary is too far for them to make a regular drive.
        > Relatedly, are there any psaltis or priests in these areas with
        > appropriate training who can and are willing to teach classes?
        >
        > Thanks again for your help,
        >
        > Justin "Chrysostomos"
      • Justin Bates
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2005
          Stan,

          I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I
          introduced myself to you in Boston. I found your talk
          and article quite helpful.

          Thanks,

          Justin "Chrysostomos" Bates

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 23, 2005
            Justin:

            Yes. I do remember. Sorry, the name didn't jump out at me! Thank you.

            I hope you find what you need. Let me know if there's anything more I
            can provide.

            Stan

            --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, Justin Bates