Re: Sakelleridis info

  • dianakg2003
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18 9:14 PM
      Stan, In our situation, where we have had several priests, we ran into
      finally getting it 'coordinated' with a priest, only to have the
      priest change and have to start all over... Our current priest is
      a 'high tenor' ...(think the singer Tiny Tim...really high!) and the
      female alto in the choir couldn't reach his pitch...and she was upset
      with me because because as the choir director during that period, I was
      just using his pitch... So we had to ease him 'down' a little.. but
      this took a while.....in the beginning I would use the organ for the
      beginning pitch to help 'reset' both the priest and the choir
      together...and avoid battles in the choir (was really this one
      individual who was a little feisty)...

      D.
      --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, "Stan Takis" <takistan@y...>