Re: [greekorthodoxmusic] Paraklesis help for certain megalynarion

  • Polychrony
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6, 2011
      Constantine and Helen of noble fame / are acclaimed in anthems / as the glory of pious kings; / and as God's anointed / and peers of the Apostles, / they shine forth with the grace of Christ God's exalted Cross.

      Polychronios

      From: Polychrony@... <Polychrony@...>
      Subject: Re: [greekorthodoxmusic] Re: St Katherine
      To: greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 12:03 PM

      Here is the English version that I have (the translation appears either very free or, possibly, from a different Greek source text):

      Comely virgin-martyr of Christ the King, / by thy godly wisdom, / thou didst vanquish the enemy; / decked in grace and virtue, / O Catherine, thou camest / with joy to thine Immortal Bridegroom, O maid of God.

      Polychronios

      From: Father Ephraim <frephraim@gmail. com>
      To: greekorthodoxmusic@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 6:00 PM

      The Great Horologion in English does not have the Megalynarion in it.

      On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Stan T <takistan@yahoo. com> wrote:
      Vicki, we do not own an unabridged Horologion. Perhaps Papa Ephraim at
      St. Anthony's can help you.

      I noticed you can buy one for only $40 here:

      http://www.archange lsbooks.com/ proddetail. asp?prod= HTRHOROLO- 01

      Stan

      --- In greekorthodoxmusic@ yahoogroups. com, "rostova22" <rostova22@.. .>
      wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Does anyone know the Megalynarion to St. Katherine of Sinai( our
      > church's saint) sung during the ninth ode of the Small Paraklesis
      > service? greek or english?
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Vicki

      <*> Your email settings: