Paraklesis help for certain megalynarion

  • vicki rostov
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3, 2011
      Greetings,

      now I need the megalynarion for Sts Constantine and Helen sung at the 9th ode during Paraklesis.  can anyone help?

      Vicki

      From: Father Ephraim <frephraim@gmail. com>
      To: greekorthodoxmusic@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 6:00 PM

      The Great Horologion in English does not have the Megalynarion in it.

      On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Stan T <takistan@yahoo. com> wrote:
      Vicki, we do not own an unabridged Horologion. Perhaps Papa Ephraim at
      St. Anthony's can help you.

      I noticed you can buy one for only $40 here:

      http://www.archange lsbooks.com/ proddetail. asp?prod= HTRHOROLO- 01

      Stan

      --- In greekorthodoxmusic@ yahoogroups. com, "rostova22" <rostova22@.. .>
      wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Does anyone know the Megalynarion to St. Katherine of Sinai( our
      > church's saint) sung during the ninth ode of the Small Paraklesis
      > service? greek or english?
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Vicki

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/greekortho doxmusic/ join

         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:greekorthodoxmusic- digest@yahoogrou ps.com

         mailto:greekorthodoxmusic- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

         http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

    • Spartakos
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 5, 2011
        See the thread on the Byzantine Chant group.

        --- In greekorthodoxmusic@yahoogroups.com, vicki rostov <rostova22@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > now I need the megalynarion for Sts Constantine and Helen sung at the 9th ode during Paraklesis.  can anyone help?
        >
        > Vicki

      • Polychrony
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 6, 2011
          Constantine and Helen of noble fame / are acclaimed in anthems / as the glory of pious kings; / and as God's anointed / and peers of the Apostles, / they shine forth with the grace of Christ God's exalted Cross.

          Polychronios

          wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > Does anyone know the Megalynarion to St. Katherine of Sinai( our
          > church's saint) sung during the ninth ode of the Small Paraklesis
          > service? greek or english?
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Vicki

          <*> Your email settings: