Hymn for Female Martyrs for July 17 and July 24 (Marina and Christina)

  • Spartakos
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2011
      LATEST UPDATE TO NEWBYZ.ORG: July 10, 2011 -- Troparion for female martyrs in Greek and English. To be used for the next two Sundays, July 17 and July 24, for the saint martyrs Marina and Christina. Also a French translation of the article on correctness.
    • Spartakos
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2011
        Apostolos Combitsas has pointed out to me that the melody we used in the female martyrs troparion is only used for kathismata, and that for an apolytikion it should be chanted in the soft chromatic version of Fourth Tone. Here is a version in that mode:

        http://www.newbyz.org/female_martyrs_apolytikion
      • George Dalagelis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2011

          Thank you, Stan and Apostole

          George Dalagelis

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2011
            oops...Combitsis. Great typing on my part.