Paralegals Who Are Notaries

  • Victoria Ring
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      If you are a paralegal who is also a notary public, you may have
      already heard of the notary signing agent field. In the past,
      notaries could only charge $1 or $2 to notarize an affidavit, car
      title, etc. However, changes in the UCC (uniform commercial code)
      law enables a notary to become part of the mortgage closing process
      and earn from $75 to $200 per signing.

      I can speak from experience. I started doing signings for mortgage
      and title companies back in 2001. While still working a full-time
      job as a paralegal I notarized loan documents at the borrower(s)
      home in the evening and on weekends. The first month I made $800,
      which paid the rent and utilites.

      To help paralegals learn more about this field please visit
      http://www.50statenotary.com/training/ This is a free introductory
      signing agent training course that I wrote from my own personal
      experience to help others. I hope you find the material interesting
      and join the notary signing agent field. It's a great way to make
      some extra money without any up-front costs.

      Victoria Ring
      Certified Paralegal and Notary
      Author of "How to Start, Operate and Market a Freelance Notary
      Signing Agent Business"
      http://www.50statenotary.com