Newbie

  • salvimom
    Message 1 of 368 , Dec 2, 2001
      Hello all. I am a 32 year old paralegal and have
      been practicing for over 10 years. I have worked most
      recently in corporate law, real estate, and litigation.
      Last year, I relocated from Florida to New York and
      got a great job at a start-up in Manhattan. I was the
      corporate paralegal for the general counsel, and later (as
      the layoffs started), became the Human Resources
      Director, Office Manager, Executive Assistant to the CEO
      and COO, and the resident MAC expert (most of these
      jobs with no prior experience!). I was due for a $6k
      raise on my one-year anniversary, 9/13. Unfortunately,
      my company closed 9/11 as our main investor lost a
      large portion of its portfolio companies which were
      housed in the WTC. I am relocating to the Chicago area
      once I find a job. My boyfriend and I were there for
      Thanksgiving and interviews last week, but no one has bitten
      yet. Everything is so slow out there right now. Hope
      something comes through soon!
    • salvimom