Mid-size & boutiques

  • nyc_paratech
    Message 1 of 368 , Nov 8, 2001
      I think that after we put a couple of yrs under
      our belts mis-size and boutiques are the way to
      go.<br>I've done the Top NYC 100 & 50 - the money weas great
      but when you start with the family its definitely
      time to start looking else where.<br>The Boutique and
      established midsized that I've come accross are set up by
      those who just get tired of having Great $$$ and a
      shitty QOL - the backstabbing and client and assignment
      stealing that goes on in the bigger firms (also includes
      the a__kissing). I find that most are experienced and
      willing to pay good $$ for someone that is knowledgable
      and experienced.<br>Right now they are the busiest -
      client rather pay 150/hr for a para rather than 200/hr
      for a first year.<br>It would be great to hear your
      take on this.<br>Hey Redd - let me know if you plan to
      come down this way and I'll set u up w some
      headhunters.
    • salvimom
      Message 368 of 368 , Dec 2, 2001
        Hello all. I am a 32 year old paralegal and have
        been practicing for over 10 years. I have worked most
        recently in corporate law, real estate, and litigation.
        Last year, I relocated from Florida to New York and
        got a great job at a start-up in Manhattan. I was the
        corporate paralegal for the general counsel, and later (as
        the layoffs started), became the Human Resources
        Director, Office Manager, Executive Assistant to the CEO
        and COO, and the resident MAC expert (most of these
        jobs with no prior experience!). I was due for a $6k
        raise on my one-year anniversary, 9/13. Unfortunately,
        my company closed 9/11 as our main investor lost a
        large portion of its portfolio companies which were
        housed in the WTC. I am relocating to the Chicago area
        once I find a job. My boyfriend and I were there for
        Thanksgiving and interviews last week, but no one has bitten
        yet. Everything is so slow out there right now. Hope
        something comes through soon!