Re: IP Billable Hours

  • mensa58
    Message 1 of 368 , Jul 2 6:00 AM
      Dizzy_Jeans -- I'm in corporate, but my firm does
      have an IP practice group. The minimum billable
      requirement for paralegals is 1500 per year; they recognize
      that there are busy and slow cycles so they look at
      the aggregate.<br>Personally, I keep track of my
      billables on a monthly basis; if I do it on a daily basis,
      I end up getting discouraged (during slow times) or
      overconfident and relax (during busy days) and thus lose out.
    • salvimom
      Message 368 of 368 , Dec 2, 2001
        Hello all. I am a 32 year old paralegal and have
        been practicing for over 10 years. I have worked most
        recently in corporate law, real estate, and litigation.
        Last year, I relocated from Florida to New York and
        got a great job at a start-up in Manhattan. I was the
        corporate paralegal for the general counsel, and later (as
        the layoffs started), became the Human Resources
        Director, Office Manager, Executive Assistant to the CEO
        and COO, and the resident MAC expert (most of these
        jobs with no prior experience!). I was due for a $6k
        raise on my one-year anniversary, 9/13. Unfortunately,
        my company closed 9/11 as our main investor lost a
        large portion of its portfolio companies which were
        housed in the WTC. I am relocating to the Chicago area
        once I find a job. My boyfriend and I were there for
        Thanksgiving and interviews last week, but no one has bitten
        yet. Everything is so slow out there right now. Hope
        something comes through soon!