nurse paralegal employment

  • clmorri45
    Message 1 of 368 , Jul 6, 2000
      Hello, I have visited here before, i found your
      very positive interviews with a large Defense firm 80%
      of case load med/mal, also had another
      plantiff/defense/med/mal/personal injury.<br>Its been about 21/2 weeks since
      interview I have been told it takes firms a minimum of a
      month to get back to you even if it is just to say no
      thank you is this indeed true. If so any suggestions as
      to how I might expidite the process and should i be
      in touch with them,or just wait? thanx for your help
      in advance clmorri45
    • salvimom
      Message 368 of 368 , Dec 2, 2001
        Hello all. I am a 32 year old paralegal and have
        been practicing for over 10 years. I have worked most
        recently in corporate law, real estate, and litigation.
        Last year, I relocated from Florida to New York and
        got a great job at a start-up in Manhattan. I was the
        corporate paralegal for the general counsel, and later (as
        the layoffs started), became the Human Resources
        Director, Office Manager, Executive Assistant to the CEO
        and COO, and the resident MAC expert (most of these
        jobs with no prior experience!). I was due for a $6k
        raise on my one-year anniversary, 9/13. Unfortunately,
        my company closed 9/11 as our main investor lost a
        large portion of its portfolio companies which were
        housed in the WTC. I am relocating to the Chicago area
        once I find a job. My boyfriend and I were there for
        Thanksgiving and interviews last week, but no one has bitten
        yet. Everything is so slow out there right now. Hope
        something comes through soon!