IN-HOUSE/PATENT Opportunity

  • mrutolo
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2002
      IN-HOUSE/PATENT PRINCETON AREA (New Jersey)

      We represent one of the world?s leading specialty chemical companies.
      Our client, the North American subsidiary of this European company,
      seeks a patent lawyer with 4+ years of intellectual property and,
      preferably, in-house experience to join its legal department of
      general and IP attorneys. The ideal candidate will have a degree in
      chemistry, chemical engineering or biology and strong abilities and
      experience in organic chemistry. Experience in both patent
      prosecutions, the negotiating and drafting of intellectual property
      related agreements and trade secret issues are required.

      The lawyer will act as IP counsel to several of the client?s business
      units. Most of the lawyer?s practice will involve all facets of
      patent prosecutions and agreement work (technology, licensing, joint
      development, etc.). The lawyer also will handle some trademark
      matters, make presentations to and conduct seminars for business
      clients, and provide general IP counseling.

      The successful candidate must be highly motivated and self-confident,
      able to work independently of direct supervision as well as work
      cooperatively as a team member, and able to work effectively with both
      business management as well as science/oriented and R&D personnel.
      Because the company has a matrixed organization, the lawyer must have
      a flexible personality with leadership skills or strong potential.

      Compensation consists of base salary, bonus and other benefits
      generally provided to employees at this level.

      The sells of this position include (i) the opportunity to work
      independently as sole IP counsel to several business units, (ii)
      handling a wide variety of sophisticated and interesting issues, (iii)
      a highly regarded law department which is viewed as a true partner by
      its client businesses, (iv) flexible and reasonable work hours and (v)
      a collegial, supportive work environment led by a popular and
      well-respected general counsel.

      If you are interested in learning more about this position, other
      opportunities or our services in general, please contact us in
      confidence at 609-919-6360 (in Princeton) or 215-864-2700 (in
      Philadelphia) or visit our web site at www.colemanlegal.com.

      August 2002
    • mrutolo