Cleveland Meet Notes

  • Jeff Kitsko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23 11:02 AM
      I would like to thank all of those who traveled to Cleveland this
      past Saturday to partake in the first Cleveland Roadgeek Meet.

      We all met up for lunch at the Rock Bottom Brewery in The Flats
      section of downtown next to the Cuyahoga River. Close by was the
      Cleveland Memorial Shoreway bridge over the Cuyahoga which is
      featured in the opening of "The Drew Carey Show." I brought Ohio
      Turnpike maps and brochures for the attendees.

      After lunch, we took to the cars to for the tour part of the meet.
      First stop was Dead Man's curve, which is slated to be eliminated
      with ODOT's Inner Belt plan - http://www.innerbelt.org/. Afterwards,
      we headed up I-90/OH 2 to I-271, where we took a ride on the
      relatively new express lanes to the only location in the United
      States where two three digit Interstates multiplex.

      After a dip down onto I-271/I-480, we doubled back onto I-480 west to
      Transportation Boulevard to stop and see the massive bridges that
      carry I-480 over the Cuyahoga Valley. Afterwards, we drove through
      the first cloverleaf interchange in Ohio at OH 17 and OH
      21/Brecksville Road. Continued on OH 17 west to OH 176 north to
      drive the newest freeway in the Cleveland area: Jennings Freeway.

      Upon arriving back at the Rock Bottom, we said our farewells and
      heading to our respective destinations. Thanks to Brian Powell who
      helped navigate.

      --
      Jeff Kitsko
      Pennsylvania Highways: http://www.pahighways.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23 12:06 PM
        --- "Jeff Kitsko" <pahwys@y...> wrote:

        > Continued on OH 17 west to OH 176 north to
        > drive the newest freeway in the Cleveland area: Jennings Freeway.

        Kinda sorta the newest...the north half was open in 1968 before other
        area highways such as I-90 west of I-71 and I-480 west of I-77, but
        close enough ;)

        Marc