MI: M-108 turnback

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
      All of M-108 has been turned back to local jurisdiction effective December 9, 2010. The following are excerpts from the memorandums of understanding, for those interested. -Patrick

      "Contract Number 2011-0032
      Effective date of transfer: December 9, 2010

      ROADWAY SEGMENT transferred from MDOT to the County, becoming a County Primary road:

      M-108/Mackinaw Highway, from its southern terminus approximately located at a point where the M-108/Mackinaw Highway centerline and the center of southbound I-75 freeway would cross if there were no grade separation between the roadways, northerly to the south city limits of the Village of Mackinaw City, a distance of about 0.32 miles in control section 16071."

      and

      "Contract Number 2011-0033
      Effective date of transfer: December 9, 2010

      ROADWAY SEGMENT transferred from MDOT to the VILLAGE, becoming a City Major street:

      M-108/Nicolet Street, from the south city limits of the Village of Mackinaw City northerly to the northern M-108 terminus located at the I-75 northbound exit ramp, a distance of about 0.75 miles in control section 16071."
    • Barry L. Camp
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
        Sad.

        Not as sad as the M-107 turnback, but still, this is a bummer.

        > local jurisdiction effective December 9, 2010.  The
        > following are excerpts from the memorandums of
        > understanding, for those interested.  -Patrick
        >
        > "Contract Number 2011-0032
        > Effective date of transfer:  December 9, 2010
        >
        > ROADWAY SEGMENT transferred from MDOT to the County,
        > becoming a County Primary road:
        >
        > M-108/Mackinaw Highway, from its southern terminus
        > approximately located at a point where the M-108/Mackinaw
        > Highway centerline and the center of southbound I-75 freeway
        > would cross if there were no grade separation between the
        > roadways, northerly to the south city limits of the Village
        > of Mackinaw City, a distance of about 0.32 miles in control
        > section 16071."
        >
        > and
        >
        > "Contract Number 2011-0033
        > Effective date of transfer:  December 9, 2010
        >
        > ROADWAY SEGMENT transferred from MDOT to the VILLAGE,
        > becoming a City Major street:
        >
        > M-108/Nicolet Street, from the south city limits of the
        > Village of Mackinaw City northerly to the northern M-108
        > terminus located at the I-75 northbound exit ramp, a
        > distance of about 0.75 miles in control section 16071."

        >     greatlakesroads-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
          On 13 Dec 2010, at 2:04 PM, Patrick wrote:

          > All of M-108 has been turned back to local jurisdiction effective December 9, 2010. The following are excerpts from the memorandums of understanding, for those interested. -Patrick
          >
          > "Contract Number 2011-0032
          > Effective date of transfer: December 9, 2010
          >
          > ROADWAY SEGMENT transferred from MDOT to the County, becoming a County Primary road:
          >
          > M-108/Mackinaw Highway, from its southern terminus approximately located at a point where the M-108/Mackinaw Highway centerline and the center of southbound I-75 freeway would cross if there were no grade separation between the roadways, northerly to the south city limits of the Village of Mackinaw City, a distance of about 0.32 miles in control section 16071."
          >
          > and
          >
          > "Contract Number 2011-0033
          > Effective date of transfer: December 9, 2010
          >
          > ROADWAY SEGMENT transferred from MDOT to the VILLAGE, becoming a City Major street:
          >
          > M-108/Nicolet Street, from the south city limits of the Village of Mackinaw City northerly to the northern M-108 terminus located at the I-75 northbound exit ramp, a distance of about 0.75 miles in control section 16071."

          Which county? M-108 straddled the Emmet-Cheboygan county line.
          --
          Michael P. Gronseth
          Wyoming, MI
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2010
            The county transfer (Contract 2011-0032) was with the Emmet County Road Commission according to the documentation I received. Sorry for any confusion.

            -Patrick