Re: MI - US-12 BR fate (was M-139 has been extended)

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 12 , May 7, 2010
      --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "mapsax" <musxf579@...> wrote:

      > --- "Patrick"...wrote:
      >
      > > I can confirm as of the effective date of the jurisdictional transfer
      > >that M-139 has been extended south to US-12 and US-12BR Niles no
      > >longer exists "on paper."
      >
      > Just to clarify: Are you saying that all of US-12 BR was deleted at once, at the time of the Front-to-Fifth transfer on March 5?
      >
      > Marc

      Yes, it is my understanding that the US-12BR designation in Niles ceased to exist as of the effective date of the jurisdictional transfer at which time US-12BR was no longer contiguous. I guess we'll see what happens with the signing. -Patrick
    • Barry L. Camp
      Message 2 of 12 , May 8, 2010
        Is there any plan (or even an interest in a future plan) to do some kind of trunkline connection, or connector, elsewhere in town (or to the north) - Such as an upgrade of Wayne St, or signing a route along Ullery Rd./Pucker St.?

        > > > I can confirm as of the effective date of the
        > jurisdictional transfer
        > > >that M-139 has been extended south to US-12 and
        > US-12BR Niles no
        > > >longer exists "on paper."
        > >
        > > Just to clarify: Are you saying that all of US-12 BR
        > was deleted at once, at the time of the Front-to-Fifth
        > transfer on March 5?
        > >
        > > Marc
        > >

        > Yes, it is my understanding that the US-12BR designation in
        > Niles ceased to exist as of the effective date of the
        > jurisdictional transfer at which time US-12BR was no longer
        > contiguous.  I guess we'll see what happens with the
        > signing.  -Patrick

        >     greatlakesroads-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Patrick
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2010
          --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Barry L. Camp" <blcamp@...> wrote:

          > Is there any plan (or even an interest in a future plan) to do some
          > kind of trunkline connection, or connector, elsewhere in town (or to
          > the north) - Such as an upgrade of Wayne St, or signing a route along
          > Ullery Rd./Pucker St.?

          I am not currently aware of any plans to add any new trunkline in that area. However, I am certainly not privy to everything being discussed.

          -Patrick
        • mapsax
          Message 4 of 12 , May 9, 2010
            --- ..."Barry L. Camp"...wrote:

            > Is there any plan (or even an interest in a future plan) to do some
            >kind of trunkline connection, or connector, elsewhere in town (or to
            >the north) - Such as an upgrade of Wayne St, or signing a route
            >along Ullery Rd./Pucker St.?

            Just my unprofessional roadgeek opinion, but I can see a trunkline in the future along Wayne St., since Niles has already expessed interest in upgrading it, meaning that they will have already done the dirty work for MDOT if MDOT decides to take it over, a distinct possibility since the respective section Wayne St. is well under a mile. I'm guessing that the likelihood of this happening would increase if trucks start illegally using Main St. (Unsigned connector? Combination of "51" and "139"? We'll have to see....)

            Marc