M-50 jurisdictional transfer

  • Patrick Allen
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
      For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred from
      MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006. An excerpt from
      the MOU describing the transfer is as follows:

      "Effective date of transfer: October 4, 2006

      Roadway segments transferred from MDOT to the City of Monroe, to
      become City Major Streets:

      M-50/Front Street, from the centerline of US-24/Telegraph Road
      easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 1.02
      miles, in control section 58042;

      M-50/First Street, from the centerline of M-50/Front Street easterly
      to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 0.17 miles, in
      control section 58042;

      Comprising a total distance of 1.19 miles."

      So, M-50 has a new east end at US-24 now.

      -Patrick Allen
    • David S.
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
        Wow, thanks for the heads up! Was this transfer in the works for some
        time now or was this a speedy process?

        David

        --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Allen"
        <patallen2@...> wrote:

        > For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred from
        > MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006. An excerpt from
        > the MOU describing the transfer is as follows:
        >

        > "Effective date of transfer: October 4, 2006
        >
        > Roadway segments transferred from MDOT to the City of Monroe, to
        > become City Major Streets:
        >
        > M-50/Front Street, from the centerline of US-24/Telegraph Road
        > easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 1.02
        > miles, in control section 58042;
        >
        > M-50/First Street, from the centerline of M-50/Front Street easterly
        > to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 0.17 miles, in
        > control section 58042;
        >
        > Comprising a total distance of 1.19 miles."
        >

        > So, M-50 has a new east end at US-24 now.
        >
        > -Patrick Allen

      • Patrick Allen
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
          I believe that this transfer has been in the works for some time.

          I found the following post from this group, including a media article
          link, from back in April 2006, which contains some more information:

          Overall, the jurisdictional transfer process at MDOT is very slow.

          -Patrick

          --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "David S." <up_north76@...> wrote:

          > Wow, thanks for the heads up! Was this transfer in the works for some
          > time now or was this a speedy process?
          >
          > David
          >
          > --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Allen"
          > <patallen2@> wrote:
          > >
          > > For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred from
          > > MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006. An excerpt from
          > > the MOU describing the transfer is as follows:
          > >

          > > "Effective date of transfer: October 4, 2006
          > >
          > > Roadway segments transferred from MDOT to the City of Monroe, to
          > > become City Major Streets:
          > >
          > > M-50/Front Street, from the centerline of US-24/Telegraph Road
          > > easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 1.02
          > > miles, in control section 58042;
          > >
          > > M-50/First Street, from the centerline of M-50/Front Street easterly
          > > to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 0.17 miles, in
          > > control section 58042;
          > >
          > > Comprising a total distance of 1.19 miles."
          > >

          > > So, M-50 has a new east end at US-24 now.
          > >
          > > -Patrick Allen

        • Barry L. Camp
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
            I wonder if there will be a move now to turn back M-125.

            Certainly this route has some history (as US-25), but there's hardly a
            need to maintain parallel trunklines only a mile apart, much less
            running parallel to nearby I-75 as well.

            Also... any recent information regarding the status of the propose BS
            I-75 on the south side of Monroe (along Dunbar and La Plaisance Roads)?

            Barry

            --- Patrick Allen <patallen2@...> wrote:

            > I believe that this transfer has been in the works for some time.
            >
            > I found the following post from this group, including a media article
            > link, from back in April 2006, which contains some more information:

            > Overall, the jurisdictional transfer process at MDOT is very slow.
            >
            > -Patrick
            >

            > --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "David S." <up_north76@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Wow, thanks for the heads up! Was this transfer in the works for
            > some
            > > time now or was this a speedy process?
            > >
            > > David
            > >
            > > --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Allen"
            > > <patallen2@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred
            > from
            > > > MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006. An excerpt
            > from
            > > > the MOU describing the transfer is as follows:
            > > >

            > > > "Effective date of transfer: October 4, 2006
            > > >
            > > > Roadway segments transferred from MDOT to the City of Monroe, to
            > > > become City Major Streets:
            > > >
            > > > M-50/Front Street, from the centerline of US-24/Telegraph Road
            > > > easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of
            > 1.02
            > > > miles, in control section 58042;
            > > >
            > > > M-50/First Street, from the centerline of M-50/Front Street
            > easterly
            > > > to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 0.17
            > miles, in
            > > > control section 58042;
            > > >
            > > > Comprising a total distance of 1.19 miles."
            > > >

            > > > So, M-50 has a new east end at US-24 now.
            > > >
            > > > -Patrick Allen
            > > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Barry L. Camp

            In theory there is no difference between theory
            and practice, but in practice there is.
            - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Michael
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
              On 5 Oct 2006, at 6:48 PM, Patrick Allen wrote:

              For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred from
              MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006.  An excerpt from
              the MOU describing the transfer is as follows:

              "Effective date of transfer: October 4, 2006

              Roadway segments transferred from MDOT to the City of Monroe, to
              become City Major Streets:

              M-50/Front Street, from the centerline of US-24/Telegraph Road
              easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 1.02
              miles, in control section 58042;

              M-50/First Street, from the centerline of M-50/Front Street easterly
              to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 0.17 miles, in
              control section 58042;

              Comprising a total distance of 1.19 miles."

              So, M-50 has a new east end at US-24 now.

              -Patrick Allen

              Is there a link online to that memo/press release?
              --
              Michael P. Gronseth
              Negaunee, MI

            • Patrick Allen
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
                I understand that the City is possibly interested in their portion of
                M-125, but that the County is definately not interested. I have not
                heard about any serious negotiations.

                I have not heard about any movement on a possible I-75 business loop,
                but I do not hear everything.

                If I do hear something, I will pass it along.

                -Patrick

                --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Barry L. Camp" <blcamp@...>
                wrote:

                > I wonder if there will be a move now to turn back M-125.
                >
                > Certainly this route has some history (as US-25), but there's hardly a
                > need to maintain parallel trunklines only a mile apart, much less
                > running parallel to nearby I-75 as well.
                >
                > Also... any recent information regarding the status of the propose BS
                > I-75 on the south side of Monroe (along Dunbar and La Plaisance Roads)?
                >
                > Barry
                >

                > --- Patrick Allen <patallen2@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I believe that this transfer has been in the works for some time.
                > >
                > > I found the following post from this group, including a media article
                > > link, from back in April 2006, which contains some more information:

                > > Overall, the jurisdictional transfer process at MDOT is very slow.
                > >
                > > -Patrick
                > >

                > > --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "David S." <up_north76@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Wow, thanks for the heads up! Was this transfer in the works for
                > > some
                > > > time now or was this a speedy process?
                > > >
                > > > David
                > > >
                > > > --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Allen"

                > > from
                > > from

                > > 1.02

                > > easterly
                > > miles, in

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Barry L. Camp
                >
                > In theory there is no difference between theory
                > and practice, but in practice there is.
                > - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Patrick Allen
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
                  The info I passed on is from an electronic version of part of the
                  Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that was signed by the City and MDOT
                  making the transfer official. I do not believe that MDOT puts the
                  MOUs online, and I have not seen any press release yet. Most
                  jurisdictional transfers don't get a press release, but this one could.

                  -Patrick

                  --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, Michael <bulldog1979@...> wrote:

                  > Is there a link online to that memo/press release?
                  > --
                  > Michael P. Gronseth
                  > Negaunee, MI

                • Chris Bessert
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
                    "Patrick Allen" <patallen2@...> wrote:

                    > For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred from
                    > MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006. [...]

                    Thanks for the heads-up on that! I've modified the M-50 route listing
                    at the Michigan Highways website ( http://www.michiganhighways.org )
                    and you can find this and other updates from the past two days on the
                    "What's New?" page.

                    Later,
                    Chris

                    --
                    Chris Bessert
                    Bessert1@...
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 5, 2006
                      On 6 Oct 2006, at 12:38 AM, Chris Bessert wrote:

                      "Patrick Allen" <patallen2@...> wrote:

                      For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred from
                      MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006. [...]

                      Thanks for the heads-up on that! I've modified the M-50 route listing
                      at the Michigan Highways website ( http://www.michiganhighways.org )
                      and you can find this and other updates from the past two days on the
                      "What's New?" page.

                      Later,
                      Chris

                      While I know it isn't as prestigious as Chris' site, I updated the WikiPedia article earlier today. I was hoping to include a link to the MoU or a press release to back up the change on the page.... but I'll wait and see...

                      --
                      Michael P. Gronseth
                      Negaunee, MI

                    • Marc Fannin
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 6, 2006
                        --- Michael <bulldog1979@...> wrote:

                        > While I know it isn't as prestigious as Chris' site, I updated the
                        > WikiPedia article earlier today. I was hoping to include a link to
                        > the MoU or a press release to back up the change on the page....
                        > but I'll wait and see...
                        >
                        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-50_(Michigan_highway)

                        Since the MoU probably won't be online, and since there is not likely
                        to be a press release (I just checked, nothing at
                        http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,7-151-9620_11057---Y,00.html ), I
                        don't see any reason why you can't link to Patrick's message directly,
                        since he is an MDOT employee, and therefore credible. (Or I can do
                        it :) )

                        Marc
                      • Patrick Allen
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 6, 2006
                          --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Fannin" <musxf579@...>
                          wrote:

                          > --- Michael <bulldog1979@> wrote:
                          >
                          > > While I know it isn't as prestigious as Chris' site, I updated the
                          > > WikiPedia article earlier today. I was hoping to include a link to
                          > > the MoU or a press release to back up the change on the page....
                          > > but I'll wait and see...
                          > >
                          > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-50_(Michigan_highway)
                          >
                          > Since the MoU probably won't be online, and since there is not likely
                          > to be a press release (I just checked, nothing at
                          > http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,7-151-9620_11057---Y,00.html ), I
                          > don't see any reason why you can't link to Patrick's message directly,
                          > since he is an MDOT employee, and therefore credible. (Or I can do
                          > it :) )
                          >
                          > Marc

                          I have no objection. However, will people who are not members of the
                          group be able to view the post?

                          -Patrick
                        • Marc Fannin
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 8, 2006
                            --- "Patrick Allen" <patallen2@...> wrote:

                            > --- "Marc Fannin" <musxf579@> wrote:
                            >
                            > > --- Michael <bulldog1979@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > While I know it isn't as prestigious as Chris' site, I updated
                            > > > the
                            > > > WikiPedia article earlier today. I was hoping to include a link
                            > > > the MoU or a press release to back up the change on the
                            > > > page....
                            > > > but I'll wait and see...
                            > > >
                            > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-50_(Michigan_highway)
                            > >
                            > > Since the MoU probably won't be online, and since there is not
                            > > likely
                            > > to be a press release (I just checked, nothing at

                            http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,1607,7-151-9620_11057---Y,00.html ),
                            > > don't see any reason why you can't link to Patrick's message
                            > > directly,
                            > > since he is an MDOT employee, and therefore credible. (Or I can
                            > > do it :) )
                            >
                            > I have no objection. However, will people who are not members of
                            > the group be able to view the post?

                            Well...as of my message above, yes, because merely a link to
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greatlakesroads/message/10617 would do
                            it. However, in the 48 or so hours since I wrote that, it appears
                            that Yahoo! has identified GLR as an age-restricted group. It
                            appears that anyone with a Yahoo! account would be able to view it
                            still, but not everyone in general as before.

                            Marc
                          • Chris Bessert
                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 8, 2006
                              "Marc Fannin" <musxf579@...> wrote:

                              > Well...as of my message above, yes, because merely a link to
                              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greatlakesroads/message/10617 would
                              > do it. However, in the 48 or so hours since I wrote that, it appears
                              > that Yahoo! has identified GLR as an age-restricted group. It
                              > appears that anyone with a Yahoo! account would be able to view it
                              > still, but not everyone in general as before.

                              I think the reason for the recent age-restriction is due to a certain
                              photo of a "sensitive nature" that was added to the photo section
                              very recently. Looks like someone tipped off Yahoo! about it rather
                              than request that Dan remove it, thus inconveniencing everyone here
                              rather than just inconveniencing the group's owner...

                              Later,
                              Chris

                              --
                              Chris Bessert
                              Bessert1@...
                              http://www.michiganhighways.org
                              http://www.wisconsinhighways.org
                              http://www.ontariohighways.org
                            • Dan
                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 8, 2006
                                > I think the reason for the recent age-restriction is due to a certain
                                > photo of a "sensitive nature" that was added to the photo section
                                > very recently. Looks like someone tipped off Yahoo! about it rather
                                > than request that Dan remove it, thus inconveniencing everyone here
                                > rather than just inconveniencing the group's owner...

                                The owner has removed the photo in question from the gallery, and has
                                put an inquiry into Yahoo about re-categorizing the group...rather
                                than have to re-establish the group from scratch.
                              • Michael
                                Message 15 of 20 , Oct 8, 2006
                                  On 8 Oct 2006, at 8:44 PM, Chris Bessert wrote:

                                  I think the reason for the recent age-restriction is due to a certain
                                  photo of a "sensitive nature" that was added to the photo section
                                  very recently. Looks like someone tipped off Yahoo! about it rather
                                  than request that Dan remove it, thus inconveniencing everyone here
                                  rather than just inconveniencing the group's owner...

                                  Later,
                                  Chris

                                  What photo is/was that, Chris?
                                  --
                                  Michael P. Gronseth
                                  Negaunee, MI

                                • Chris Bessert
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 8, 2006
                                    Michael <bulldog1979@...> wrote:

                                    > What photo is/was that, Chris?

                                    It is the profile photo for member "alice_bowl2000". If you HAVE to
                                    see it, just click on her name in the members list...

                                    I'm just surprised Yahoo! hasn't had an aneurism over that photo,
                                    yet... Not that a woman in her birthday suit shocks me, but I know
                                    that online entities like Yahoo! are constantly afraid of being sued
                                    into oblivion by the federal government or extremist groups and are
                                    usually on the hunt for stuff like this. In fact, they're usually
                                    TOO quick to yank stuff off the web that doesn't violate anything,
                                    rather than risk being sued for $27 billion because there was a boob
                                    or two visible somewhere... Anyway...

                                    Later,
                                    Chris

                                    --
                                    Chris Bessert
                                    Bessert1@...
                                    http://www.michiganhighways.org
                                    http://www.wisconsinhighways.org
                                    http://www.ontariohighways.org
                                  • sailordumas
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Oct 9, 2006
                                      also, it seems then her e-mail adress is bouncing and unfortunately
                                      we couldn't ask to remove the pic.

                                      I guess Yahoo doesn't have the same mountain of money like Bill
                                      Gates, Warren Buffet and "captain Kirk" Kerkorian (some folks at
                                      GMinsidenews do a name-game of Kerkorian and calling him Kevrokian
                                      as an allusion to Jack Kevorkian) to stand a sue.

                                      Stéphane Dumas

                                      --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Bessert"
                                      <bessert1@...> wrote:

                                      > Michael <bulldog1979@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > What photo is/was that, Chris?
                                      >
                                      > It is the profile photo for member "alice_bowl2000". If you HAVE to
                                      > see it, just click on her name in the members list...
                                      >
                                      > I'm just surprised Yahoo! hasn't had an aneurism over that photo,
                                      > yet... Not that a woman in her birthday suit shocks me, but I know
                                      > that online entities like Yahoo! are constantly afraid of being
                                      sued
                                      > into oblivion by the federal government or extremist groups and are
                                      > usually on the hunt for stuff like this. In fact, they're usually
                                      > TOO quick to yank stuff off the web that doesn't violate anything,
                                      > rather than risk being sued for $27 billion because there was a
                                      boob
                                      > or two visible somewhere... Anyway...
                                      >
                                      > Later,
                                      > Chris
                                      >
                                      > --
                                      > Chris Bessert
                                      > Bessert1@...
                                      > http://www.michiganhighways.org
                                      > http://www.wisconsinhighways.org
                                      > http://www.ontariohighways.org

                                    • H.I. Goldman
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Oct 10, 2006

                                        <bessert1@...> wrote:

                                        > I think the reason for the recent age-restriction is due to a
                                        certain
                                        > photo of a "sensitive nature" that was added to the photo section
                                        > very recently. Looks like someone tipped off Yahoo! about it rather
                                        > than request that Dan remove it, thus inconveniencing everyone here
                                        > rather than just inconveniencing the group's owner...

                                        Well, I feel better. I was thinking I caused it because of
                                        my "obscenity-laced" rant last week.

                                        Howard I. Goldman
                                      • Steve
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Oct 10, 2006
                                          --- "H.I. Goldman" <goldmanhi@...> wrote:

                                          > > "Marc Fannin" <musxf579@> wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > Well...as of my message above, yes, because merely a link to
                                          > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greatlakesroads/message/10617 would
                                          > > > do it. However, in the 48 or so hours since I wrote that, it
                                          > appears
                                          > > > that Yahoo! has identified GLR as an age-restricted group. It
                                          > > > appears that anyone with a Yahoo! account would be able to view
                                          > it
                                          > > > still, but not everyone in general as before.
                                          >

                                          > --- In greatlakesroads@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Bessert"
                                          > <bessert1@...> wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > I think the reason for the recent age-restriction is due to a
                                          > certain
                                          > > photo of a "sensitive nature" that was added to the photo section
                                          > > very recently. Looks like someone tipped off Yahoo! about it rather
                                          > > than request that Dan remove it, thus inconveniencing everyone here
                                          > > rather than just inconveniencing the group's owner...
                                          >

                                          > Well, I feel better. I was thinking I caused it because of
                                          > my "obscenity-laced" rant last week.
                                          >

                                          > Howard I. Goldman

                                          It's all your ****ing fault.

                                          Steve

                                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                                        • David “Smith”
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Oct 12, 2006
                                            On 10/5/06, Patrick Allen <patallen2@...> wrote:
                                            > For anyone interested, M-50 from US-24 to M-125 was transferred from
                                            > MDOT to the City of Monroe effective October 4, 2006. An excerpt from
                                            > the MOU describing the transfer is as follows:
                                            >

                                            > "Effective date of transfer: October 4, 2006
                                            >
                                            > Roadway segments transferred from MDOT to the City of Monroe, to
                                            > become City Major Streets:
                                            >
                                            > M-50/Front Street, from the centerline of US-24/Telegraph Road
                                            > easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 1.02
                                            > miles, in control section 58042;
                                            >
                                            > M-50/First Street, from the centerline of M-50/Front Street easterly
                                            > to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 0.17 miles, in
                                            > control section 58042;
                                            >
                                            > Comprising a total distance of 1.19 miles."
                                            >

                                            > So, M-50 has a new east end at US-24 now.
                                            >
                                            > -Patrick Allen

                                            I was there on the afternoon of 6th, and hadn't seen this message.
                                            There was some kind of maintenence truck sitting in the traffic lanes
                                            of First St right before the intersection with Monroe, and it looked
                                            like someone was taking down a sign ---- a temporary
                                            construction-related sign. I don't think they were messing with the
                                            trunkline junction signage, but I was only there for a minute.

                                            --
                                            David "Smith"
                                            a.k.a. Vid the Kid

                                            Does this font make me look fat?