Ken Update

  • Andy Mytys
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2009
      So, seven of some of our strongest GLH hikers are off to VA to help look for Ken. John, Paul, Steve, Matt, Chuck, Dennis, and I.

      We're all packed and ready to go.

      I was able to track down Ken's parents, who gave me the contact info for the person who watches Ken's house when he is away. They were able to get us into the house.

      We took in a cooler and a lot of 2-ply freezer zip-locs. We doubled the zip-locs, put our hands through them inside out so as not to contaminate the interior w/our scents, took suggested personal items, and packed them inside the zip-locs by turning the bags to their original positions (1 item per two bags). The bags were then sealed with the air pressed out, and packed into a cooler for further protection from contaminates.

      We took a hairbrush, toothbrush, socks, pillowcase, shirt, and shoe for the dogs to use in gaining a scent.

      All this is being delivered to VA SAR tomorrow.

      The question we had was what good we could do, and while admittedly the answer is "little," that is still more than if we sat around here in MI.

      I will try to post updates as time permits.
    • Rob Burg
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2009
        Andy, Chuck, John, Paul, Steve, Dennis, Matt:
        You are all good men to be doing this. I've just heard about Ken being missing and my prayers go with you all and the VA SAR team to find Ken safely.
        Even if you cannot help directly with the search, the fact that you are delivering personal items and that you all know him well can help in some way, I'm sure. I've only met Ken in person once, but know that he's a great guy.

        Again my thoughts and prayers are with you all for a successful search for Ken.

        --Rob Burg
      • swillsing@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2009
          My prayers are with everyone involved! I can't believe this is happening to
          Ken!

          Fondly, Leapfrog
          **************Join ChristianMingle.comĀ® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
          your area. Start now!
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221673648x1201419171/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html%3Fcat%3Dadbuy%26
          src%3Dplatforma%26adid%3Dfooter:050109%26newurl%3Dreg_path.html)