Re: [greatlakeshikes] Eye Scream (was: NCT/Coolbough and Birch Grove Trail trip reports)

  • Danielle
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
      I loved going up to get Stroh's ice cream at a local ice cream shop as a kid.  I don't think they're Michigan-based anymore, but the company started out in Detroit.  As a kid, I remember switching between Blue Moon, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Superman ice creams.

    • Dick Bolton
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
        Good TR, Dave. Keep 'em coming!

        Dick Bolton
      • Luanne Jaruzel
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
          Is that trail 26 miles one way or is it 26 if you go out and back, end to end?
          Luanne
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
            How about adding a sports bra to your emergency kit?

            http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/06/23/sports_bra_rescue.html

            I can just imagine explaining to my wife why I have a bra in my backpack.

            --
            "Mingle with the rest of the food chain. Live like they live. Scurry
            over rocks. Sprint into the woods for no apparent reason. And when
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
              Luanne- We did about half of it both ways. It runs from Hart to
              Whitehall for a total of 24 miles. So to do the whole thing both ways
              would be about a 50-mile ride. I will be posting more of the info on
              http://www.getoffthecouch.info/oceana/railtrail.htm this week. To date,
              I only have descriptions of the north half. But I got info on Saturday
              to add to the site. Now I just need time!

              Joan

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 1, 2008
                ok - thank you.  I have read good things about that trail and would like to try it sometime.
                Luanne

                ------------------------------------

                See a map of who's on the list: <www.frappr.com/greatlakeshikes>

                GreatLakesHikes Question of the Week Archives:
                current Q: <www.wanderingknight.org/glhqotw?getqotw=y&justquestion=y>
                current Q&A: <www.wanderingknight.org/glhqotw?getqotw=y>

              • Kenneth Knight
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 3, 2008
                  While the place has charm going back decades the ice cream is nothing
                  to remark upon. For the price it can't be beat but if you want super
                  rich ice you can find better though vastly more expensive. I'd give
                  them a bigger nod for the donuts that they have every day.

                  ** Ken **

                  On Jun 30, 2008, at 10:32 PM, Tony Pitts wrote:

                  > Washtenaw Dairy - Ann Arbor

                  Kenneth Knight

                  Web Design, IT Consultant,
                  Software Engineer www.wanderingknight.org
                  Travel Pages Travel Pages
                  Ultralight Backpacker Ultralight Backpacking Pages
                  contact krk@...

                • Rob Burg
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 4, 2008

                    > Anyone else have a favorite Michigan-made ice cream stop?
                    >
                    > Siler

                    Is there anything better than Jackson's All Star Dairy?

                    --Rob Burg

                    (I love Washtenaw Dairy as well, but the All Star Dairy is the best in
                    my book.)