RE: [greatharwood] Fw: Open All Hours off licence in Harwood?

  • Rawden Kerr
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2006
      Bet he has loads of silk handkerchiefs.  ;o)

      From: "john duckworth" <john@greatharwood. com>
      To: <greatharwood@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:18:13 +0100

      A an even further update, from Barbara, below....... ......... ......... ......... .......

      If you write to object to the licence you can only do it on the following
      grounds:

      Licensing Objectives:
      * The prevention of crime and disorder
      * Public safety
      * The prevention of public nuisance
      * The protection of children from harm

      you need to explain why you are objecting under the above criteria

      I will be objecting under the 'protection of children from harm' but I
      suggest different people object under different criteria to make the case
      stronger.

      Write to:
      Licensing Officer,
      Public Protection,
      Hyndburn Borough Council, Cannon Street, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 1NJ

      Email:  licensing@hyndburnb c.gov.uk

      Telephone Number:  01254 380140

      Best Wishes
      Barbara

    • nidd1902
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006
        I could be wrong, but I think the owner of the same off licence in
        the early 70s was called Earnshaw -- his son was at school with me
        (there weren't many Protestants at Catholic schools in those days)

        --- In greatharwood@yahoogroups.com, "john duckworth" <john@...>
        wrote:

        > The forwarded message below is self explanatory. In times gone by
        you wouldn't get a licence if you had a criminal record - seems to
        be a pre-requisite these days. I visit 10/15 pubs a day and in many
        of them its difficult to distinguish between the licensee and the
        ner'do wells around the bar. And before work I take the dog up the
        Fir Trees and clean up the mess left by underage kids binge
        drinking. I'm not a killjoy - everyone has done this type of thing.
        But it's the volume of drink being taken by the kids. During
        April/May we collected about 30 sacks of cans and bottles. These
        ranged from Coke (the drink) to litre bottles of vodka.

        politicians and others to make the people of Great Harwood aware of
        a forthcoming application to extend hours at a retail outlet selling
        alcohol.

        > The A & B stores at 109-113 St Huberts Road (newsagents next to
        the laundry) is going to apply (or has applied) to extend their
        existing liquor licence so that they can sell alcohol from 6am in
        the morning.

        > I have been asked to mention that this premises is near a bus stop
        for young people going to Norden School and that the owner of the
        premises has a criminal record.
        > Young people are already hanging around this premises in the
        evening and causing a nuisance.
        > Please check out these facts for yourself if you wish.
        >
        > Please write a letter or get up a petition objecting to this
        application for change of hours. If one premises gets it they will
        all start applying and we have a big enough problem with underage
        drinking in Great Harwood as it is.

        > I sit on the 'alcohol reduction partnership for Hyndburn and RV'
        and it upsets me to hear about the problems being encountered with
        children in the 9-13 age group and their binge drinking and the fact
        that organisations such as Early Breaks are being set up to offer
        support and guidance to people as young as 10 to help them with
        their alcohol problems!

        > This matter follows discussions at the Area Council tonight.
        >
        > Please forward this email to everyone on your circulation list.
        It is time the town fought back and said enough is enough. Start
        your petition or write your letter this weekend.

        > Please phone 07754 655182 to discuss if you want more information.
        >
        > Sorry this is not really a Panel matter but I believe it is one
        that you will care about.

        > All New Yahoo! Mail - Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard
        protect you.

      • peter eddleston
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 14, 2006

          earnshaws was on Lomax st.A&B is on st.hubs rd.opposite Glebe st.

          From: "nidd1902" <avalon@...>
          To: greatharwood@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [greatharwood] Re: Open All Hours off licence in Harwood?
          Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:51:26 -0000