Re: [greatharwood] Olympic Torch passes through Hyndburn on Saturday

  • Peter Loynd
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 21, 2012
      You're a miserable old bugger Morton!

      But you're not wrong!!!!!!

      From: John Morton <john.arrod@...>
      To: "greatharwood@yahoogroups.com" <greatharwood@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, 21 June 2012, 10:24
      Subject: Re: [greatharwood] Olympic Torch passes through Hyndburn on Saturday

      Its really for the working class and general public.  £950 ticket for opening and 100m final(prices starting at)
      I think not. Hope it persists down non-stop.

      Best regards

      John Morton

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 22, 2012
        Good for you Pete.
        Put all these left wing republican dingles in their place.
        hang on, I'm going down on the 9th Aug.for 3 days.Got tickets in the democratic ballot.Plenty to see and do in our Capitol of Capitols.Tickets for the Olympic park are just £10.Hyde Park and all its olympic goings-on is free.
        regards
        peter

        To: greatharwood@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 22, 2012

          I would be amazed if the Olympics did not bring in more cash than they

          cost. Massive coverage here in OZ and friend in Canada says same there.

          Quite a few of friends going over there say the eyes have been picked out

          the accommodation already and what's left is at a premium.

          If it's like Sydney there is a boost for a couple of years later.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 23, 2012
            Looks like you got your wish, John!
            Joan

            --- In greatharwood@yahoogroups.com, John Morton <john.arrod@...> wrote:

            > Its really for the working class and general public.  £950 ticket for opening and 100m final(prices starting at)
            > I think not. Hope it persists down non-stop.
            >
            > Best regards
            >
            > John Morton
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Peter Cornwell
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 23, 2012
              My friend who I went to school with is coming over from Australia with his wife. Their son is swimming for the Australian team (Ryan Napolian). They have no tickets to see the events Ryan is swimming in as the selection process for the National team was after the distribution of tickets.
              Kind Regards
              Peter

              --- In greatharwood@yahoogroups.com, "Allan" <amacdes0@...> wrote:

              > I would be amazed if the Olympics did not bring in more cash than they
              >
              > cost. Massive coverage here in OZ and friend in Canada says same there.
              >
              > Quite a few of friends going over there say the eyes have been picked out
              >
              > the accommodation already and what's left is at a premium.
              >
              > If it's like Sydney there is a boost for a couple of years later.

            • Chris Dickinson
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 2, 2012

                I’m not actually sure that the Olympics will bring that much cash into the country.

                The number of overseas visitors may actually be down on normal years as people are put off by the extortionate prices being charged by hotels. I believe this happened in Sydney.

                I saw a news report on Belgian TV last week where a local travel agent said they were dropping London this year due to cost.

                I imagine Coca Cola, Heineken, McDonalds will do well.

                Chris Dickinson | IT Department (Business Intelligence)

                Tensar International Limited | Cunningham Court | Shadsworth Business Park | Shadsworth, Blackburn BB1 2QX United Kingdom | Tel: +44 (0)1254 266851 | Fax: +44 (0)1254 266868 | Mobile: +44 (0)7786 114668 | cdickinson@...|http://www.tensar.co.uk

[...]

                The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact Tensar International Ltd, Cunningham Court, Shadsworth Business Park, Shadsworth, Blackburn, BB1 2QX http://www.tensar.co.uk/ http://www.tensar.co.uk quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete it from your system. The presence of this footer indicates that the message has been scanned for viruses using up to date virus software. However, Tensar International nor the sender accept any responsibility for viruses Tensar International has the facility to monitor all incoming and outgoing emails and it must be understood that email is not a secure medium for the transfer of information. No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Tensar International by means of Email communications. The opinions expressed by the sender of this email are not necessarily the opinions of Tensar International.