Bouncing members

  • john duckworth
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006

      The members listed below are shown as having 'bouncing' email addresses by
      the Yahoo Groups system.

      This means that Yahoo will not send further messages until the account is
      reactivated. See further below  re manual reactivation.

      If anyone is aware of a different email address for any of the members
      below, please make them aware of the 'bouncung' by  forwarding  this message
      to them.

      Thank you.

      If you intend changing to a new email address don't forget that you need to
      register, or 'verify'  it, with Yahoo before it can be used it to send and
      recieve messages on the Yahoo Groups system.

      Regards

      JohnD

      stl7018  John          stl7018 at sbcglobal.net

      australia_perth2004  bygum at iprimus.com.au

      ernestb9               ernestb9 at yahoo.co.uk

      jillwolstencroft        jillwolstencroft at yahoo.co.uk

      nicksgenes             impulsion at iinet.net.au

      smiddybrae           malcolm at workingforpolmont.co.uk

      mjeddleston           mjeddleston at yahoo.co.uk

      What are "bouncing" members?
            If messages sent to a member are consistently returned to Yahoo!
      Groups with an error, that member is considered "bouncing." Their Yahoo!
      Groups account is deactivated, and group messages will not be delivered to
      the account.

            Once an account is considered bouncing, Yahoo! Groups will send a
      series of test messages to the member. If the test messages are returned as
      undeliverable, then the account will continue to bounce. However, if a
      message is delivered and not returned as undeliverable within five days
      after it was sent, the account will automatically be reactivated. Members
      may also manually reactivate their accounts by visiting their My Groups
      page.

            Please note: If Yahoo! Groups determines that an email address has
      been bouncing for more than 6 months, we may remove it from our system.

      Yahoo! Groups uses an automated system to test and reactivate email accounts
      that bounce. For that reason, there is no need for a moderator to take
      action to unbounce members. It will happen automatically
      (NOTE: There is no negative effect on a group if it is has bouncing members;
      it just means these members aren't getting group emails).
      However, if you want or need to unbounce a member more quickly (the
      automated process usually takes between 3-7 days), moderators can
      immediately make a "Reactivation Request" for any member of their group (see
      below) and a user can make such a request for their own account at any time.

      Automatic Reactivation

      Yahoo! Groups periodically sends automated test ("probe") messages to
      bouncing members. If a test message is not returned to Yahoo! Groups with an
      error, we assume the message was successfully delivered and automatically
      reactivate the member's account. This process does not require any action by
      the moderator or member.

      Manual Reactivation

      To manually reactivate a member account for a group you moderate:

        1.. Go to the group home page.
        2.. Click the Members link
        3.. Click on the Bouncing link above the list of members.
        4.. Find the member you want to manually reactivate.
        5.. Click on the View History link under the "Bounce Status" Column.
        6.. Click the "Send Reactivation Request" Button under the Email Account
      Reactivation section.
        7.. The recipient must then follow the instructions in the Reactivation
      Request email. If the email doesn't bounce after 5 days, you can also go
      back to the Edit Members page and click the Reactivate Now button to
      manually unbounce the member.

      Note: The automatic unbouncing process can take several days before a user
      is sent email again.

    • john smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2006
        Hi John D , I'm not sure whats going on here with Yahoo I think there is a glitch somewhere in their system  , I seem to be recieving all the messages and in the order they are being posted (Boardmans/Hardura.Walsh etc) I recieved a message from Yahoo about reactivating the group thing .
             My situation is I can only access the group web-site through my primary "sbcglobal.net  e-address, an address I never use since it is automatically generated, The group web-site transfered automatically when I changed from AOL dial-up to my DSL connection,  I managed to re-configure the contacts tabs to recieve mail thru my stl7018 e-address, and since Yahoo is the designated e-mail carrier for sbcglobal it seems I am stuck up the proverbial tree.
         regards John S

         ps . the Baltic/Lubeck link works a dream

        stl7018  John          stl7018 at sbcglobal.net

        australia_perth2004  bygum at iprimus.com. au

        ernestb9               ernestb9 at yahoo.co.uk

        jillwolstencroft        jillwolstencroft at yahoo.co.uk

        nicksgenes             impulsion at iinet.net.au

        smiddybrae           malcolm at workingforpolmont. co.uk

        mjeddleston           mjeddleston at yahoo.co.uk

        What are "bouncing" members?