STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

  • Manil Jayasena
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008

      am sending a letter that came in today into my inbox.......pl read

      STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

      >Beginning with Mr. Advani, let every Hindu who has been through the Christian schools systems stand up and speak for what is the truth. When they came to our schools for admission were they lured by inducements? Were they offered money or land or food or did they come because they knew they would get the total dedication of the priests or nuns or the teachers so carefully chosen by the schools.
      >
      >How many Hindu parents have stood in front of our schools for days, from early in the morning to be able to get an admission form? Were they forced?
      >
      >Were they forced to go to Catechism class or did they have a separate Moral Science class? How many of them became Christian or know of someone who was coercered into becoming a Christian?
      >
      >St Josephs School celebrates 150 years and students have come from all over for the celebrations. Let every one of them stand up and be counted. Speak up now for what they know is the truth.
      >
      >Who are the majority of people who go to our hospitals, to our esteemed institutions the St Xaviers, Loyolas, and the dozens of Christian institutions in every city and town. Are they Christian?
      >
      >Who are the people who want to do away with the minority quota in our own institutions?
      >
      >And who are the people who go to work among the poorest of the poor? What did Mother Teresa offer to the dying destitutes she picked up from the streets? What of the hundreds of nuns and priests who work unsung in places where most of us fear to tread. They preach their faith in their lives. That they feed and care for these poorest of the poor is their vocation. We know the Christian definition of 'neighbour' from the parable of the Good Samaritan.

      These is a small but potent fringe group who wish to reap a harvest of votes. I say appeal to the majority thru the newspapers and media.

      >Stand up and speak up for us now I say to the majority community.
      >
      >We should all gather in our respective prayer houses on a given day and time and pray together to show our solidarity with our beleagured brethren. I don't think we should make any kind of march or in anyway upset the fragile rhythm of this overcrowded city. Do it quietly in our own premises.
      >
      >Pass this on, see what others have to add and say.

      everyone should pray in their respective house of prayer for peace

      THE SUPREME DHARMA OF A HUMAN BEING IS TO EMBRACE EVER NEW HORIZONS.
      WHEN THE WORDS/CONCEPT OF " MY FAMILY/MY RELIGION GETS REPLACED IN OUR HEARTS BY" THE WORLD MY EXTENDED FAMILY/MY EXTENDED RELIGION AND WE FEEL A GENUINE RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS THOSE THAT WE ARE INTANGIBLY CONNECTED TO, THE LAW IN TURN BEGINS TO PROTECT US AS AN INEVITABLE REWARD FOR LOVE'S LABOURS.

      manil

      --
      Manil Jayasena Joshua CEO Social Education & Development Society
      Anandapuram Pedamanthur PO Ananthapur District Andhra Pradesh 515124 S