138Fwd: FW: 49-O in Constitution of India - Very Useful Info.

  • Manil Jayasena
    Dec 5, 2008

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: anita soans <soans_anita@...>
      Date: Dec 5, 2008 6:17 PM
      Subject: FW: 49-O in Constitution of India - Very Useful Info.

      Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:44:42 +0530

      Subject: 49-O in Constitution of India - Very Useful Info.

      Dear Friends,

      U know that there is a system in our constitution, as per the 1969 act, in section " 49-O" that a person can go to the polling booth, confirm his identity, get his finger marked and convey the presiding election officer that he doesn't want to vote anyone!

      Yes such a feature is available, but obviously these   leaders have never
      disclosed it.
      This is called "49-O".

      Why should you go and say " I VOTE NOBODY"... because, in a ward, if a candidate wins, say by 123 votes, and that particular ward has received "49-O" votes more than 123, then that polling will be cancelled and will have to be re-polled. Not only that, but the candidature of the contestants will be removed and they cannot contest the re-polling, since people had already expressed their decision on them.

      This would bring fear into parties and hence look for genuine candidates for their parties for election. This would change the way; of our whole political system.... it is seemingly surprising why the election commission has not revealed such a feature to the public....

      Please spread this news to as many as you know...
      Seems to be a wonderful weapon against corrupt parties in India ... show your power, expressing your desire not to vote for anybody, is even more powerful than voting... so don't miss your chance. So either vote, or vote not to vote (vote 49-O) and pass this info on...

      Use your voting right for a better INDIA

      Keep up with trends of the thread on MSN Lifestyle. Fashion is no more a passing phase. Check it out!

      It is a cricketing clash meant for the Gods! Be there when we track the T-20 Champions League this December Try it now!

      Manil Jayasena Joshua CEO Social Education & Development Society
      Anandapuram Pedamanthur PO Ananthapur District Andhra Pradesh 515124 S
      India Mob: 0091 9440579566 Tel: 0091 8555 245424/32 Bangalore contact:
      0091 80 65709021/28444250 Website: www.sedsngo.org