PLEASE DISREGARD INVITATION to IMVU CHAT - it's a SCAM

  • Michael Grissom
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2007
      IMVU online Chat just emailed invitations to everyone in my Yahoo address book. They are apparently using an old scam technique to promote their new Avatar based chat website. Please disregard it - I did not send any invitations other than the one who invited me AND I'm now betting that she did not invite me intentionally either.

      BEWARE.. if you accept an invitation to that website it WILL invite everyone in YOUR address book.

      Sorry about all this but I just found out - an hour after registering there.

      Michael Grissom (IG)
      Cary, NC 27513

      Instant Messengers:
      Email & MSN = inventor@...
      Yahoo = inventorgrissom ICQ# 168179514
      AOL, iChat AV, Jabbar, iSpQ (video), and Fire = CartQQnist

      TV dinner still cooling?
    • mysterygravity
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2007
        IG,

        Spy Vs Spy IV:

        Obviously you are not paranoid enough. They are out to get
        you ! I would have required a blood test before joining such a SPY
        network.

        LOL, actually I can't blame you for being somewhat trusting,
        and it's only human to get snagged on occasion. However I am raising the
        SPY Alert system for Yahoo Gravitational Propulsion Group to Yellow,
        just in case any dominoes start falling. Use caution; all, in any
        communications from this group, as this Chat system obviously was able
        to post automatically using IG's Membership. (IG has been a member since
        the first incarnation of the group and is a well trusted member.)

        Shame on IMVU for impersonating a member! I have deleted their
        original FALSE message !

        Mystery

        --- In gravitationalpropulsionstevenson@yahoogroups.com, Michael Grissom