LETS Build A SHIP, The Time has Come to Begin. NG.

  • mysterygravity
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007

         " The Time to Build a Ship has come"! This is the Next Generation of this topic. From the past version of this group, this topic became the number 1 topic. This topic spread to multiple other sites all over the web and has expanded to some very long threads on an incredible number of sites. Some threads have even reached the point of excursions to other stars and galaxies. One never knows where a thread will unravel to. I start this thread again in the anticipation of releasing some small parts of research which I have been conducting and will potentially apply to the furthering of the goals of the original thread.

           In keeping with the intent of the original thread I will include a copy of that thread. Please note that for some reason the original thread was not included on the Wayback machine, but that later versions were. Also note that I did keep a copy of the post ! The earlier version of this group was at ; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gravitationalpropulsionstevenson/  This new version of the group is at the address of; http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/gravitationalpropulsionstevenson/  The new version's only change of url is adding tech. after the double slashes in the address.  I have also changed my user name slightly, but my real name is still the same; Jim Stevenson,(James Stevenson). Also I still sign my online posts with the same signature; MYSTERY. Please note that the old group existed when Yahoo had chat rooms and much of the group work was accomplished in that chat room, which had voice. Now of course the chats are gone by the decision of Yahoo on all groups. Also anyone using the old url would be redirected to this new version.

              Lest anyone forget, there are new security restrictions on privacy that have gone into effect since the prior group's existence...   Here then is a record of the post, and some additional information that dates exactly when certain details were released...   The new revelations that I will release on technical research recently completed, and ongoing, will come under new technical posts, but I intend on indicating how some of this research will effect the ongoing project, and this old post that will deserve being resurrected as this group has been resurrected. To the new members; welcome to the past, and the future!

            Here's the past;

      -----------------------------------

       Message 136 of 262  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]  Message Index     Msg #

      Date:  Wed Dec 15, 2004  5:20 pm
      Subject:  LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.

      Recently in our nightly chats some new concepts have been put
      out on the drawing board for discussion. The one I really liked the
      best is the one for the testing of subsystems that could be used in
      space by the construction of a modular vessel that would be employed
      here on earth.

      The challenges as I understand them to be, would be to create a
      vessel that could travel through a rough environment (Sea) with air
      tight compartments, operating with multiple environmentally safe and
      stable energy sources (Solar etc.), And new and hopefully unique
      propulsion systems (Inertial, Impulse, Rocket and or Jet) With
      mutiple back up systems in all categories.

      All the while, this vehicle must be capable of conducting REAL
      research, having on board an operating laboratory, and multiple
      research objectives in mind. One objective being to evaluate the
      operation of said vessel. Another research objective that has been
      suggested has been the active study of multiple "dead zones" which
      have been forming in many of the worlds seas. An area that seems to
      be now in danger is in the Florida Keys, and yet nearby in the
      Bahamas there have been very few of the changes , allowing for
      a "temporary" time period of research to be conducted on the actual
      changes and the relative differences in a small area.

      This area also has a temperate climate allowing year round
      studies to be possible. There have been some interesting changes of
      migrations of certain bird species within this zone as well as sea
      mammal populations. All in all a wonderfull place filled with
      potential for research which could try the abilities of any research
      vessel undergoing systems and operational testing. We would want to
      get a lot of bang out of our bucks for what we have planned. And
      this area even has some magnetic anomalies that have played havoc
      with navigation for centuries.

      We have discussed constructing a modular vessel constructed
      out of sealable cylinders, namely used/recycled propane tanks
      roughly 10ft, by 40-50 ft. in a tri hull configuration , with a
      superstructure and nacelle designs allowing travel through out all
      interior areas without exiting to the exterior for any reson related
      to the vessels operation. Remember this is to be a model systems
      test vessel for eventual spacecraft design and as such will exceed
      the normal design parameters for an ocean going vessel. As such if
      the entire vessel were to be submerged to a depth of say 100 ft. ,
      it should remain airtight in all areas. While the intent is not to
      build a submarine, none the less the capacity and potential may
      equate, without the inclusion of ballast tank for such a purpose.

      It has also been suggested that certain optical systems be
      incorporated, including fiber optics, not just for informational
      systems, but also for what would normally considered heavy work
      loads, such as but not limited to transmission of light for general
      lighting sources and even transmission of laser light for possible
      cooking / heating / and eventually an adjunct to propulsion systems
      as they are eventually (possibly) integrated in a steam / turbo
      jet / or ion drive system.

      We are only in the beginning phase of what will become a
      potentially very large project, with possible world wide
      implications. We need all the IDEAS we can get now. Some of you know
      a little of what we have discovered, so you know where eventually we
      want to go.

      We have had some fund raising ideas , that is an area we need
      to work on too. I like the Idea of offering advertisement space on
      the vessel, much as is done on racing cars, to generate funding and
      contributions such as the solar cells. But we must remember that we
      will need (for example) tough durable solar cells that are
      efficient, and such systems can't be cheap and ineffective, or we
      will be defeating our purpose. And if we advertise something, we
      want to remain honest and therefore retain our research credibility.

      I will stop now, as I have said enough to get out the idea
      as to what point we are now at. Any Ideas are now welcome in any
      area. Please submit your concepts here in this public forum,
       Many of you know my address and / or phone number. Any of
      these methods may be used to set up a more private "meeting" if the
      subject matter needs security considerations.

      Thankyou,

      Mystery

      James Stevenson

        Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
      137  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  fredc80 fredc80 Thu  12/16/2004
      138  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Michael Bindner bindner_space Thu  12/16/2004
      140  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Eric ubavontuba Mon  12/20/2004
      141  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Mr Jim Stevenson  mysterystevenson Tue  12/21/2004
      142  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Bradley wolfpunx Wed  12/22/2004
      143  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Eric ubavontuba Wed  12/22/2004
      144  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Mr Jim Stevenson  mysterystevenson Wed  12/22/2004
      145  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Eric ubavontuba Thu  12/23/2004
      154  Re: LETS Build A SHIP , The Time has Come to Begin.  Mr Jim Stevenson  mysterystevenson Fri  12/24/2004

       Message 136 of 262  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]  Message Index     Msg #

      Thankyou,

               Mystery